Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Straight through Center exhaust

Jebe

Country Flag
falkland_islands
Hi,

Anyone here did a Straight through exhaust and replaced the box with just a pipe with the same genuine diameter on their colorado? Did it made a difference in power or it just made it louder? thanks

The general consensus is that the down pipe is the most restrictive part on these exhaust systems. Freeing up the flow elsewhere will help, but the downpipe will give you the most significant gains in power.

If it don't bolt directly to the turbo your wasting your time

bolt directly you mean the down pipe? I was trying to find a shop in the Uk to buy a slightly bigger diameter exhaust but most of them do it with the car physically there for them to fit it. Is there any shop in the UK that make the exhaust without the car being there? I am here at Falkland Islands. thanks for the feedback guys

Whoever designed the 1kz down pipe should be shot

downpipe-jpg.100149.jpg

I have a 3 inch exhaust from the turbo on my 90 and it is without any shadow of a doubt the best value for money i have spent on my truck - and i dread to think how many thousands ive spent .

Heres my 3" down pipe

dumppipe003_zps74eb9bdc-jpg.121275.jpg

It will have to be custom made but you should find a CT12B flange easy enough on ebay which would tell the fabricators exactly what you want - something like this

666122357.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks for the feed back Shane and Beau! I will post and update once I've got the new down pipe installed.

Back