Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Stupid question time... where are the XXXXing heated seat fuses?

Dave_S

.... on an 80 series? I stupidly assumed they would be in the little drivers side panel - nope. Engine bay main fuse block - nope. Are they hidden somewhere?

I had a look for mine on my old vx, (the seats never got that warm) but never found anything, which led me to think there wasn't any.

If its any consolation Chris, we only have one currently (the drivers one!) - the passenger one stopped working (no lighty, no likey).

Fuse block 26 (under dash driver's side) RH row of fuses, 2nd one down, 20A marked "Rear Heater".

Well it's not. Ha ha. There are connectors under the seats which are worth checking. Someone might have had the seat out and not snapped the plug back in which could explain why they aren't working - aside from tracking down the fuses of course. Also when I did have them in a VX they only worked some of the time which I put down to a manky switch. Lights came on but seat didn't heat up, then next time it would. So might not be the fuse. Don't have a handbook on my desk to check the fuse location. Might just be with the dome or ECUB as many aux circuits seem to be.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Towpack - so this covers the rear heater and the seats? In that case we have a different issue, as the driver's seat and rear heater all work, its just the passenger seat that doesn't.... guess its time to break out the multimeter... o_O

If the plugs are all OK then maybe it's just the element(s) that's gone. Not unlike the elements in an electric blanket I would imagine.

All sorted!! The connector on the back of the switch had come off - lord knows how (lets blame Jan's driving :wink: for now). Anyway, re-connected and we're all good.

Sorry Chris :tonguewink:

Thanks for the advice in any case!!

Back