Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Suspension options for 80s

New build thread please Ryan, once you get round to getting cracking. We don't want to miss out on this one. I'm interested in how easy it is to do the CC bushes.

Nice shiny bits there mate.

Chris

Does the kit fit in the standard mounts Ryan or are you into a good run of fabrication works?

Check this thead on 'MUD for inspiration - Jodo coilover project

Hey Chris,
As soon as I have all the bits I'll definitely get a new thread going.

Gav,
Shocks are a bolt on affair. I will however be fabbing up drop blocks for the bump stops and brackets for the sway bars. I'm leaning towards extending my front panhard and fabbing up a bracket of sorts to drop the rear as well as an extension for the lspv valve.

I was hoping to get this on in time for lincomb, but realistically I don't think it'll happen. Got a damn house to finish renovating before I can get started. Oh and a front axle rebuild...

Well that's an hour for the axle rebuild, what about the rest.... Come on Ryan, that's no excuse. :lol:

I haven't dropped my ARB brackets. I might look at that. I have done bump stops which did stop my Insa tyres from eating my wheel arches.

Chris

Been playing around with the compression adjusters tonight and compressing the shocks, by pretty much putting my body weight into them, and the adjusters make a huge difference between 1 and 8. Really can't wait to get these bad boys on. I should stop getting sea sick on DD duties :D

DSC_0656-1.jpg

:cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well after a very long wait the slinkies are finally in the uk. Things are crazy busy at the moment but hoping to have a trial fitting do e by end of march and then all sorted for lincombe. Will keep you guys posted.

Back