Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sweden and Norway - August to September

...I'm on the road. Today is day 3- Berlin. Tomorrow Odense...

Nice place to stay in Sweden, in Lövånger Kyrkstad, between Umeå and Skellefteå. They have both cabins with shower and kithcen, and camping:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/STF+Lövånger+Kyrkstad+Vandrarhem+&+Camping/@64.37011,21.3168643,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xd9e26ed9d0cc7a3d!8m2!3d64.37011!4d21.319053

(You can type in "lovanger" in goorgle maps)

Reception open only 8 to 18, every day (until 21.00 in summer season, over now). You can book in advance here: http://www.lovangerkyrkstad.se/

You can reach both the southern harbours of Norway or Sweden, or the North Cape during one day drive from there. Edit: If you don't mind long drives...

Last edited:
Might check that one out for tonight

Peter

So it sounds like I should wait till May-June next year?

I'm not sure what's best here.

Advice please.

Regards

Gary

Well we didn't stop there in the end as it was a bit too early and we pushed on a few more miles
Camped by the sea, tea on Missus gone to do laundry no idea why I told her I'd brought two pairs of pants

Hi

Ok I have decided to go for the trip starting mid September to the end of October. Being a freelance worker I have no idea what I be doing in May/June next year. I can only plan a few months ahead.

I'm going to do the trip in reverse order to how I originally planned it, so go up through Norway to the north and then back down through Sweden. This way I'll get the longer days on Norway.

Any thoughts, would be appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm 200km SW of Stockholm. It is raining and it's 13degrees C. Don't know what the weather will be like Sept-Oct.

Well we didn't stop there in the end as it was a bit too early and we pushed on a few more miles - Camped by the sea...
Then we just missed each other. We stayed there from tuesday to wednesday, going south.

I have to do it now, else I probably never do it.
G.
Just bring more warm clothes. Woollen underwear is compulsory, and great for sleeping in. Wool/silk is the ladies' favourite. The days will be shorter, but not to bad. At sept 21, the day length is the same all over the globe, btw. This will be outside tourist seasons, which is good, except that some places will have shorter opening hours.

uHu

Thanks for the advice. How you found camping. are places easy to find. My preferred is Hammock and tarp, but I'll have tents with me as well. This is 1st time I have travelled without the caravan. In the past I would park up the caravan and then go wild camping for 2 or 3 days. So a whole new experience for me.

G.

Campsites are all over the place here. What I see they're open 'till Aug 20th. I tried wild camping once so far, few days ago in Sweden. Not plesant. Temps dropped down to 7 degrees around 3 in the morning.Tomorrow I'll get to Lofoten (very excited) And will try to do wild camping again if weather permits. Today was around 17 deg.

You need to post lots of photos from Lofoten here, it always looks an amazing place. Mountains straight out of the sea

Lofoten is an amazing place. I'm speechless!
Few pics.
20160816_211322.jpg
20160816_201741.jpg
image-0-02-01-3c6cdde532dbc2c5ac7e598fa9f031b3cf816a88361bbc5b48bce1ee7996a91a-V.jpg

Amazing, the views look superb. Bet the fishing is good too

Today did Trolstigen...fog on top:angry:...Then took a cruise along Geirangefjord....
20160819_120803.jpg
20160819_132407.jpg
20160819_132056.jpg

Last edited:
IF the route permittes, try to do Trolltunga outside ODDA or Prekestolen East of Stavanger while You guys tour the country.

I agree with Your plan to reverse the trip George. That being said to cater for colder conditions both the further North You go & thet later You go.

We had a "rough" start to August. Wet & windy. Looks like the "standard" nice days of August are with us now.
& dipping in the sea is from now & into September at the warmest :)

Enjoy Norway!
Drop me a PM if & when required. I will respons when I can (ASAP-ish) :)

IF the route permittes, try to do Trolltunga outside ODDA or Prekestolen East of Stavanger while You guys tour the country.
We did that. It was mid day. Sunny and beautiful.

Enjoy Norway!
Drop me a PM if & when required. I will respons when I can (ASAP-ish) :)
Tnank you Peter. I'm in Sweden already outside Goteborg. Got to get home earlier than planned. Work related reasons. Still have a buch of things to see in Norway and will be back hopefuly next year:)

I hope U had a pleasant time & Norway treated U all fair.
Welcome back :)
Don`t be shy to drop me a PM regardingly

Back