Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Synthetic Winch Rope

Nice looking rope there Chas :) I've bought a lot of winch bits from off of the same company as all of his prices seem to be very reasonable. I nearly bought the red one myself, but ended up going for the black one. It will be interesting to see how long the red couloring lasts for as my black one is now very very light grey! Do yourself a favour before fitting it to your winch and fit yourself a heavier duty tube thimble at the hook end as the one supplied with the rope is very poor quality. Have a look at my own winch thread to see what happened to mine and how I fitted the new thimble.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how long the red couloring lasts for as my black one is now very very light grey! Do yourself a favour before fitting it to your winch and fit yourself a heavier duty tube thimble at the hook end as the one supplied with the rope is very poor quality.
It's more dark pink than red already and it only arrived this morning, I'm going to take the thimble off my existing rope and transfer it to the PINK one, I've never done any splicing before so I may call on a friendly member at Lincomb. :pray:
PS
Have you got a link to your winch thread Steve?

Last edited:
+1 for winch it. i bought a new synthetic winch line last year and its still going strong.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
He's a top fella and sells some neat kit. I bought two new ropes and these thimble ends that take a shackle instead of a hook.

Back