Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

T Max split charge system

Dave Docwra

Friends of mine had a Sterling split charge system fitted, which failed & this was possibly due to contacts arcing due to the starter system, They have now purchased & fitted the T Max split charge system and would like to know if anyone has had any trouble with one fitted to an 80 series, it has been suggested to fit a battery to battery charger to avoid the same arcing problem, any thoughts most welcome.

Dave.

I'm not sure why the starting system would give an arcing problem in the split charge system? The DC-DC chargers do do a better job of charging an aux battery and are solid state so there are no contacts to arc.

I've had the T-Max split charge system in my truck around 6 months now and it works great. Out of sight and out of mind. Does what it says on the tin..

Holy Thread Resuraction Batman. This one has moss growing on it I know.

But at the weekend I bought a T Max split charger. I have had the IBS. Very nice, cost me £150. Still in Lil Blue - I think. Now at £295. The National Lunar looked good on the next stand along - at £265. These are show prices folks. Then I found the T Max at £84.95 Far from looking like a cheap copy, it's looked like a decent unit. I have put it in, partly finished and partly lashed up at the second. And it's working spot on. It was easy to install as I had all the cabling in from the last unit. My Cyrix Victron 400 amp unit which has served me very well indeed, do a direct hit when I slammed into a bank and pushed the rear quarter in. It never really recovered from that abuse and got a bit twitchy. Sorry old pal, but it's out to grass for you.

We will see longer term how it goes on. Nice to have a dash display. Seaking of which, not sure where to put the display at the moment. Anyone put it somewhere tidy?

Chris

You should have said you where looking as i have a National Luna you could have had for £100

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Warren. However, I rather fear I'd have offered you £84.95 which is what I paid for the T Max :lol: . It uses exactly the same solenoid, which is the heart of the thing.

There's a market for these things I am sure. Get it whacked on the for sale section.

Chris

And you could have had it at that price. Ill post it up as some point.

Back