Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream confusion

If am changing my rattily injectors anyway do I really need to look at techstream? I was reading somewhere that my injectors are not programable type , mine don't have the numbers on the top but they are on the side of the injector which until I remove them I can't order recon ones.

If am changing my rattily injectors anyway do I really need to look at techstream? I was reading somewhere that my injectors are not programable type , mine don't have the numbers on the top but they are on the side of the injector which until I remove them I can't order recon ones.

You will need Techstream to enter the compensation codes to the car's ECU. Those, apparently, are the codes printed on the top of the injector where they plug in to the loom. It's also handy to read the codes you have first.

Mine gives me 2 options of vehicle I think the one I clicked on was J120 and I think the other one was 1KD.
Is the software you downloaded easy to use? I have limited computer skills .

I found it a bit of a faff when it came to installing the drivers for the OBD2 connector. If yours is working or is giving some sort of data then I'd assume you'd skip this step. But like Karl says you should really put this on a "throwaway" computer. As in, something you don't do your internet banking or other things on. I have a laptop that doesn't connect to the internet, so if it goes wrong it's only going to break the computer. It won't have access to the internet.

If yours is a 120 from 2004, then I'd have thought the 1KD option would be the one to go for? Try that and see what happens.

My Techstream has two options one is KDJ12 or KDJ9, I must have been thinking of something else, the computer seams to list those 2 options but you can do it manually but things get confusing and to me the KDJ12 makes sense.
I am going to get in touch with the fuel injector guy and ask his advise on injector programming as my injectors are not the same as everyone else's and like I say my numbers are not on top of the injectors but on the side half way down the injector.

There is a thread on here somewhere not to long ago, where there was a debate with someone who had non programmable injectors.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We could do with a pic of your techstream options where you think they are different to ours!

Kdj12 will be right for a 120 - kdj9 would be a collie I think

Obviously if your ECU/injectors are of the type that don't need compensation codes entering into the ECU , then techstream won't be essential for the job.

But it might be nice to see the live data diags before and after anyway.

No, not that one bones, it was a bit more specific. I cant find it now, but seem to think it was something to do with member scottish. It might have come into something else as threads wander.

Karl I can't even find anywhere to put the injector codes on the Techstream I have, maybe my ecu runs a different page than the later type ecu 120's. I'll have another play with the live data page to see if I can make it come alive.
Tractionman I thought I was on the money with that find.. :sleepy:

From the total shit show I had yesterday getting my own eBay job to work, the software on the CD isn't worth the disc it's burnt on to.

I don't know right the etiquette here for sharing links, but I found a Mega download of Techstream v16 along with the drivers and stuff which I can provide if requested. It's what I used on my laptop yesterday to get my own readings.
hi mwhtc is it possible for you to send me the link for the down load V16 thankyou

Last edited:
I'll endeavour to do it this week. I just need to work out how to get it off the laptop that's not connected to the internet!
Hi mate no probs got to go to my dads place for a few weeks to cleanup the property he passed away last year aged 92 he had a good inings now got to help me step mother with some of his things so will be away for a few weeks thankyou Gazza

Hi mate no probs got to go to my dads place for a few weeks to cleanup the property he passed away last year aged 92 he had a good inings now got to help me step mother with some of his things so will be away for a few weeks thankyou Gazza
Sorry for your loss mate, I'll get the link for you ASAP.

Hi folks, I can't even get my Techstream (v17.10.012) to talk to my 2005 100 Series turbodiesel, the driver for the connector cable isn't installing on the old 64-bit laptopn and it's also asking me for a new software key? I am not that tech-savvy so I'm about ready to frisbee the laptop ... HELP PLEASE!?

Might be worth looking for one of the pre-installed VM's that have it all setup, I think theres a thread on here!

Might be worth looking for one of the pre-installed VM's that have it all setup, I think theres a thread on here!
I'll keep looking but if you can point me in the right direction that'd be appreciated.

My Techstream has two options one is KDJ12 or KDJ9, I must have been thinking of something else, the computer seams to list those 2 options but you can do it manually but things get confusing and to me the KDJ12 makes sense.
I am going to get in touch with the fuel injector guy and ask his advise on injector programming as my injectors are not the same as everyone else's and like I say my numbers are not on top of the injectors but on the side half way down the injector.

I bought a 2004 120 as a project and only recently got set up with TechStream. I get those 2 options KDJ12 and KDJ9 at the start too, it worked on KDJ12 but I think it worked when selected KDJ9 too but I'm not 100%. I did wonder which option was the correct one to pick.

@karl2000 - I see you suggested above that KDJ12 is for a 120 and KDJ9 is for a Colorado. When you say Colorado do you mean a 90 series Colorado?

Back