Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Techstream confusion

bones

Hi guys, I have bought a Techstream disc thingy from ebay. I have got it running or well my mate has but I have no idea what I am supposed to be looking at or for for that matter. I am taking the injectors out to get recon ones but want to look at live fuel rates ect for the injectors before I take them out. I have a list on the side of the page (techstream) as follows.
Connect to vehicle
Open scan file
Generic OBD II
Software registration
User section
Language selection
Advanced function
Logout.

Ha ha Karl, I have already done that or all the stuff I have listed won't come up unless connected . I just don't know where to go from there, I noticed that posts from other people the page looks similar but not the same layout .

Haha how about a pic or an error message?

I haven't used it for a bit, but maybe seeing it would jog some memories!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have tried Connect vehicle and it does go to a page with lists of things but not like other people on the forums with live data page

OK so try connect to vehicle

Then youll get a box up, try and select:

Model code: KDJ

Vehicle Spec: 1KDFTV

There is an OPTION box where you select your model year. I use -0608 for mine, not sure how much difference it makes.

Then click NEXT and it should connect

Then you should get a screen saying SYSTEM SELECTION MENU

Double click ENGINE

Then DATA LIST on the left

..... and you should get the live data screen.....

... hopefully!

I have got a page to come up, just waiting for my phone to email to my computer but as usual it is saying sending failed which means in about 10 mins I will have 6 emails coming soon.

20220501_222335.jpg

Mine says revised injection volume which when I rev doesn't go up or down.

I don't think you've selected the right model to begin with, as you should have Injector Feedback values on that list.

Yep I don't think it's right either. It doesn't say 1KDFTV on the top left of that screen

From the total shit show I had yesterday getting my own eBay job to work, the software on the CD isn't worth the disc it's burnt on to.

I don't know right the etiquette here for sharing links, but I found a Mega download of Techstream v16 along with the drivers and stuff which I can provide if requested. It's what I used on my laptop yesterday to get my own readings.

Mine gives me 2 options of vehicle I think the one I clicked on was J120 and I think the other one was 1KD.
Is the software you downloaded easy to use? I have limited computer skills .

I don't know if it makes a difference but my 120 is a 2004 with 2 SCV's (red and green)

It's still a D4D though isn't it? In which case 1KDFTV should be the right engine

Back