Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The development build continues

That's a beauty lazz, very well done, as expected very well laid out and thought out
thanks for sharing'

Looks fantastic, don't think there is much more to do. I wish I had one just like that.

You must be very pleased with the truck Lazz, it's the DBs indeed!

I was interested in the pivots on the wheel carriers, are they plain bush greasables or opposing tapered roller bearings or something similar? Im refurbing my single ARB rear carrier at the mo and don't know what to choose. :think:

Thanks for all the comments guys.. Yes am very pleased with the results so far. Only taken 5 trips, 10 countries and 70,000 kms to get it just about right for what we need. Obviously everything is a compromise and after every trip I've made some improvement or change. If I could start again, I'd do a couple of things slightly differently....seriously considering starting a longer term 105 (petrol) project:think:

Clive the pivots have tapered roller bearings top and bottom and I wanted them bolted through the solid bumper, rather than a spindle welded to the top half only. My rational with the whole project was, make it simple, robust, reliable, and hassle free.

We can now arrive in camp and be set with Tent up, table set and a G&T /Beer in hand, and meat on the braai, in under 15mins tops!

No doubt after the next adventure I'll find the need for a couple more tweeks.

very nice work,
congrats

the wide butt of the 80 series works well for dual tires, the skinny 40 and 70 leaves the tires sticking 2" out each side.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back