Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The inevitable changing nature of this forum.

Mine will be up for sale soon, quite fancy getting a 120.

Mine will be up for sale soon, quite fancy getting a 120.

Turncoat!
push.gif

Turncoat!
push.gif
Seen the light more likely.:eusa-whistle:

The 80 series were good in their day, and to be honest, that day is slipping away rather fast.

What percentage of routes, do you thing a gently modded 80 series, woud go, where a gently modded 120 series could not go.?

5% maybe?

Don't overestimate your 80 series "overall" ability.

The LC3 120 series would probably go through 95% of what the 80 series could get through.

So regarding the remaining 5%, of severe tracks, and they would have to be severe, the LC3 120 series to either find another way around/through:dance:

Gra

Last edited:
Oh Gra, you do make me laugh. Always quick with a joke. :lol:

Next you'll be posting clips of a 120 pulling an 80 out of difficulty. You do and I shall declare it fake.

I think that the true difference is that being older, the 80 series gets a bit more bashing to get it through. Whereas 120 owners are a bit shy of the scratch stuff 'cos they still nice and shiny. Except Gary's of course which is a wreck.

Oh Gra, you do make me laugh. Always quick with a joke. :lol:

Next you'll be posting clips of a 120 pulling an 80 out of difficulty. You do and I shall declare it fake.

I think that the true difference is that being older, the 80 series gets a bit more bashing to get it through. Whereas 120 owners are a bit shy of the scratch stuff 'cos they still nice and shiny. Except Gary's of course which is a wreck.

Shouldn't we move this to a new thread in the 80 section?

Now you've done it, Andrew will be along in a minute I'm sure :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Grant not with you. I thought this was the 80 section. There are only two sections that come up in my browser. This section - I have an 80 and the other section, I dream of getting an 80. I have not been in there for a long time. So this must be in the 80 section. No?

hmm - just been offered serious money for my 'wresk' as you call it, CJ - much, much more than the average 80 goes for.... and I still haven't done 60k miles ...

Pity there isn't a decent 200 series going for a reasonable price :)

Ahh Gary, you are awake. Only testing.

For the record though I never called you vehicle a wresk.

Nah Doily, you don't want a 200... too Dhura !

You want a nice 80 series Petrol...

Maybe I should post more these days, but I seem to have done all the mods and maintenance that I wanted to get done other than gearbox rebuild and some fine tuning of the hydraulics. Three are also budget constraints now that all our cash will be going into buying and doing up a house, some might say the sensible thing to do would be to sell the 80!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You want a nice 80 series Petrol...

Had a petrol - not again with the price of juice. If I found a nice-ish 97-ish 80 diesel I would be seriously tempted. Just not a maroon or black one or an auto really :)

Strange the amount of people I know who have owned an 80 series then gone to newer 100 series and 120s then gone back to the 80 :think:

:thumbup: That's right Clive, the mighty 80s rule... the rest are mere imitations. :eusa-snooty:
...and poor ones at that, eh Chas?

By the way, when are you going to polish yours up so it looks like Chris'?

Runs and hides....

:lol:

...and poor ones at that, eh Chas?

By the way, when are you going to polish yours up so it looks like Chris'?

Runs and hides....

:lol:
But if I polish it that'll take away 95% of it's character.

Back