Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The last 4 Off Roaders.

Has he never heard about or seen a 80 series...hmmmmm

70'series,not for me.

I **think** he had a fair point which excluded the 80 series. Built with on road handling as one of the top priorities?

The 80 handles just fine Grant. You just have to learn how to correct it all the time. Can't speak for the other makes as I've never had them. The 70 really isn't for me though.

Agree handling wise - mine is streets ahead of any other big 4wd I've driven and feel very comfortable going through twisties at a reasonable speed

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I often have a play and people are surprised what the old girls can do on the road. Up to 60mph of course

Is that in any with a lift? I want bigger tyres but quite worried about how it will affect the handling.

Is that in any with a lift? I want bigger tyres but quite worried about how it will affect the handling.
My 1HDT 80 has 285/75/16 Cooper STT's, a 3" lift with Dobinson's springs and a roof rack and tent and handles better than my 1FZFE 80 on standard suspension and tyres.:icon-cool:

Cossack, that is good to hear :)

I think it's the springs that make the biggest difference, the standard one is a bit wallowy on the bends.

TBH Grant the six inch lift one you can't drive faster than 20mph lol

My black one is standard. None of them are going to be great at high speed.

The suspension on your petrol chas is prob just very tired.

TBH Grant the six inch lift one you can't drive faster than 20mph lol

My black one is standard. None of them are going to be great at high speed.

The suspension on your petrol chas is prob just very tired.

Front could be but the rear are new Milner 20% uprated and it still wallows a bit.

I think youve misunderstood what hes trying to say. :?

There are currently only 4 proper off road vehicles still for sale. Hence why the 80 isnt on the list (as you cant buy them new anymore).

There are only 4 live axle 4x4's still for sale new. :icon-wink:

lol - that's a much better observation Ben :doh:I was on the same page as Karl too!

5" lift, 2" body lift, 37" tyres, no anti roll bars - every day is an adventure. Yeeeeehaaaaaaah! Oooh look, a straight bit. Yippee.

Actually it's pretty good. I'm impressed. A std 80 must be like a sports car.

Chris

I think youve misunderstood what hes trying to say. :?

There are currently only 4 proper off road vehicles still for sale. Hence why the 80 isnt on the list (as you cant buy them new anymore).

There are only 4 live axle 4x4's still for sale new. :icon-wink:

Chas... As said your springs may be tired now. Prob rear more so than the front :lol:

Ben you know me. Bit thick.......... Makes a little more sense now. Get ya coat karl :oops:

Chas... As said your springs may be tired now. Prob rear more so than the front :lol:

Ben you know me. Bit thick.......... Makes a little more sense now. Get ya coat karl :oops:

Thats what I say everytime you give me a price for a second hand 70 part isnt it? :whistle:

LOL TWXT!!!!

You excited then mate? Remember Nelsons num please. Also have you time for a quick chat before you leave as i could do with the container places details please.

Karl that must have taken so much self control not to write back with an abusive message! :lol:

I'm hoping Nelson txt you and then sent you that cheap Tiger Seal? he said he would. :think:

Regarding the cheap container, speak to Johnie. If all goes to plan containers from OZ to the UK could become a weekly /monthly event (if all goes to plan.) :thumbup:

Back