Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Overlander Gathering

Even a write-up of how good/bad the event was would be good.

Some pics here:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/AndyWhite28

It was an excellent weekend allround, playing in the woods...we wont mention the Landrovers, but suffice it to say no probs with the Toyotas!!!

Austin Vince of Terra Circa & Mondo Enduro fame was there & did an excellent presentation on Saturday evening about his motorcycle travels round the world and the first motorcycle crossing of the Zilov gap in Siberia......got me thinking if I could do it in my 80 (The Russia & Siberia bit)

The bush mechanics workshop gave me some food for thought, but unfortunately I missed julian V's talk about Overland Preparation....I was playing in the woods!

All in all a great weekend & it was good to meet up with people & many thanks to Stan for organising it.

Looking forward to the next one!

Andy

{admin: Fixed link}

I clicked on your link Andy, but it just took me to my Picasa account :confusion-confused:
Chas

Yup - link is not to an album but just to the default page. Send me the link and I can update it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I attended and had good time. It was nice to meet up with a few people from this forum, Andy, Chas, Renate, Roman, Eva and the guy who's name I've already forgotten, sorry, but he's treated himself to a rather nice and shiny 60 plate Hilux, so some of you may know who I mean. As well as catching up with a few other friends that were attending.

Nice pic's by the way Andy, is the mud still falling off the 80?

It was nice to see vehicles ranging from motorbikes through to great big trucks, that's one of the reasons I went. I'm not really a motorbike man but after Austin Vince's excellent presentation on the Saturday evening I could easily be persuaded! He tells the story of his travels so well and with such a sense of humor, that this was easily the highlight of the weekend. I highly recommend attending one of Austin's presentations if the opportunity presents itself.

The pop-top troopie is owned by a friend of mine, if your interested have a look at http://www.troopcampers.com

Finally, a big thanks to Stan and all the behind the scenes helpers that put a lot of time and effort into running the event, and to TonyS for hosting it.

Cheers,

Scott.

I had really hoped to get along but a family matter got in the way. Still I'm looking forward to the next gathering Stan.

Vince Austin is really funny and entertaining, I've heard him speak at a couple of the HUBB meetings and would highly recommend his talks for anybody interested in overland travel; whether bikers, 4x4ers or truckers. He's bloody hilarious actually.

I'd be really interested to read any other write-ups of the weekend.

Changing subject is there any space left for the Lincomb Fun Challenge Weekend 9th/10th October?

Paul_Driver said:
Changing subject is there any space left for the Lincomb Fun Challenge Weekend 9th/10th October?

Hi Paul,

Yes there are spaces left. Hopefully see you there.

Cheers

Ian

Back