Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The sad state of classic sales in Ireland

It's that the 40 that was in Wilson's auction few years ago? Think it's in a dealer's in Wicklow now?

Yeah that's the one.. I knew it reasonably well. It was originally imported by McCabes Toyota, Ardee, (where I bought mine) and they had it until they closed down. I think it went for around 30 thousand at auction. That particular Wicklow dealer has a reputation for price inflation though as I'm sure you know!

I'd put a fair wad of €€'s on it that that 40 isn't actually for sale, and if you really did want it you'd pay redicelous money for the pleasure. This came up in conversation before about that one. I reckon he has the price tag on it for tax reasons or something, maybe it's classed as stock now and No tax to be payed, I dont know but that's the only thing that makes sence. I was told that it wasn't even like it came out of the factory and it would need few bits changing to make it pure authentic, but that's the way they're gone here I suppose

That makes perfect sense to me Doyle , balancing the sheets to keep the bank happy , hypothetically its a 40 grand physical asset so our overdraft is recoverable sir - honest it is guv'nor .

Back