Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thinking of Selling up.

A 3" exhaust didn't do much for my 1kd but that said i guess its hard to tell given i had cut off the old exhaust to the rear of the muffler a few months before .
My suggestion of a turbo upgrade was a serious one , a Garret or something will have a 3" outlet to meet a 3" exhaust and with a chip that can alter boost and fuel i would imagine it would feel like a different car .

Il see how the exhaust and Chip go first, then if im not happy il look at the Turbo, but i would then think you will need to look at the injectors to get enough fuel in. God this is a slippery slope :lol:

Watching with interest with regards to the chip

Watching with interest with regards to the chip

Just had a reply. Unichip dont support the 120:angry-banghead: He will now look to see if its possible to remap the ecu, but i think i already know the answer. this is the part i hate about toyota.:eusa-snooty:

Il email a few of the other companys to see what is possible.

Try Ian at Big Performance. Clever guy. If it can be done, he will find a way. He does a lot of remaps on a multitude of vehicles.

I've asked the question.

What year is your cruiser, Silver?
@silvercruiser

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just googled big performance is it the one in Surrey? if it is, its not too far for me.

That's the one. Not far from Fairoaks Airport.

Powerchip say it has to be flash programmed, unfortunately don't have a UK based company. Not sure they'd come out to you!
It looks possible to do just need someone with the software to match

Screenshot_20170330-224301.png

Last edited:
Lots of money to be saved by knowing what you want Joe and research cost nothing .

I asked once on here as a newbie about "digital tuning devices" because , being a biker for many years i couldn't understand why a digital thing could give you something mechanics couldn't ?

I'm still a newbie but i will say with absolute confidence a tuppence worth of digital crap is only worth the pounds if the mechanics are already there to take advantage of it .

If you just want to digitally enhance what you already have a remap will do that .

Ive been reading a lot on the Australian stuff, but i think from what i have read the 120 series in aus has the older 1kzte engine. so it gets confusing when finding out about the reprogramming.

Lots of money to be saved by knowing what you want Joe and research cost nothing .

I asked once on here as a newbie about "digital tuning devices" because , being a biker for many years i couldn't understand why a digital thing could give you something mechanics couldn't ?

I'm still a newbie but i will say with absolute confidence a tuppence worth of digital crap is only worth the pounds if the mechanics are already there to take advantage of it .

If you just want to digitally enhance what you already have a remap will do that .

Id love a remap Shayne, its finding someone that will touch the Toyota. one of the tuners reckons that Toyota make it so hard with encryption that they are a ball ache to do. if at all.

I have the TDI tuning Box on it at the moment which does give me the oomphh but from cold (for about the first mile) it does make the D4D sound even more like a bag of spanners. if i take it off, nice and quite(as quite as a d4d gets) with it on after the first mile its nice a quite. so thats why i want a proper remap so that i dont get the bag of spanners for the first mile.

If i get time tomorrow i will drive to the exhaust shop ad get a price. im now wondering if a lindop tuning box will work? Im not sure how much they are, but looking at the one Andy has just purchased it goes on all four injectors.

You can buy a chip for a Ford Ka mate but your thinking of upgrading to an Audi OR BMW , there's several streets , forest's , deserts and oceans between the two options .
I'm just thinking you will not buy a custom exhaust twice so if your gonna do it then go for 4 tyres tearing tarmac rather than thousands of pounds to go a bit faster .

Have a look at a company called tdi tuning, they do boxes and re mapping.
There's derv tech too.
You need somewhere who can do custom mapping rather then just dump a generic map in.

Back