Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This diesel shortage then

Funny thing about rizla papers is they don't stick well with me spit but have found that Swan papers do so every time Patrick darkens me doorstep he goes away with around twenty something packs still rip yer arm off for a fag though
Rumour Control
Rain is going to be in short supply this autumn snow in abundance this winter
Bad tempers in short supply good humour in abundance
Splodgenessabounds in Abundance
You wish

Here's a question for the Bikers amongst us, If im in a 2 mile queue for petrol and im on me Bike, Am i allowed to filter my way past all the Traffic (which is Legal for Bikes).. and just Pop out at the Front... and fill up..... Or would i just be Stabbed to Death by the Baying Mob????... (Coz i need petrol for the Bike and the lawn mower)....5 litre can in me Top Box.... Job done

Give it a go and let us know how it works out for you....

On the rumour front, I think all you 80 owners should start one up that there is a shortage of these most amazing vehicles that will withstand the plague and next apocalypse... Drive up the prices to levels more ridiculous than now, sell up and retire in all your new found wealth.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did the weekly shop today and called in at a filling station for some E5 for the bikes. Filled the can (10L), went to pay and the guy on the till said,"that'll not get far on that", looking at the 80. I replied that we all have to do our bit and "self ration", I really couldn't be bothered to explain. :icon-biggrin:

I had a truly awful experience with one once... Its true, its wrong for me to judge them all the same but you can never make another 1st impression.

Here's a question for the Bikers amongst us, If im in a 2 mile queue for petrol and im on me Bike, Am i allowed to filter my way past all the Traffic (which is Legal for Bikes).. and just Pop out at the Front... and fill up..... Or would i just be Stabbed to Death by the Baying Mob????... (Coz i need petrol for the Bike and the lawn mower)....5 litre can in me Top Box.... Job done
below is my prediction of how that would pan out..

1632940513763.png

Mr Higgy am sixty one and an half still upright still breathing and still moving every morning when I wake up I expect disappointment and am never disappointed I got to be the most optimistic bloke on the planet

We’ve managed to cope until yesterday, I had to buy the premium super duper diesel yesterday morning but it got me through the day, but last night the queues seemed to subside and was able to go out and fill the Bruiser to the brim ( 74 litres) in prep for an excursion to France on the weekend. My experience with the queues is that car users were putting in £3 to £10 worth, and I feel this was creating the “panic” none of my business how much they were buying , and I don’t know if they were feeling insecure without a “ full tank” but I agree with the above idea, there is a shortage of news, and this did the trick, the irritating thing was the folk that needed fuel to work or get to work have been seriously inconvenienced by a non-event. Myself, I was caught off guard as I normal have a 20ltre Jerry can that I stock rotate frequently, and was preparing to fill along with the bruiser to go away the weekend. That won’t happen again.
best regards to all.

The joys and benefits of working from home. I've never even come close to running out. Plenty of fuel in all the cars and the bikes plus stocks of petrol and diesel in cans. I like to be prepared. But I've just not been anywhere really. I used to burn a tank per week in the Hilux but not anymore. I have been out and seen some of the queues out there and figured there must be some people how actually need fuel and that's a shame that they got caught up in all of this. But it does show the fragility of society as someone else mentioned. No fuel, no internet and no carrots and we'd be well and truly back in the stoneage.

Have been wondering about this sort of thing before the situation that we are in at the moment
That being Are we Preppers in a basic sort of way some have a bit of fuel food some stuffs bit in the fridge freezer and a bag or two of personal items with some cash ready to go but with the added advantage of No paranoia and AK47 with grenade launcher noddy suit and gas mask secret hole in the ground protected by Claymore mines camouflaged so well that not even you know where they are we mostly all have shiny paint work like to sit around a camp fire with beers welcome visitors instead of shooting them
Just a thought really

Our regular food delivery from Asda came yesterday. The driver said their suppliers are getting most stuff through, but home deliveries are becoming a nightmare, as they have to get fuel where they can now and queue for it with the rest of us. Having an account doesnt seem to help.

Apart from a 1Ltr aluminium fuel bottle I carry when green laning I've never bothered storing fuel in cans, just using one to pick up fuel for a garden tool, petrol stove etc or maybe one of the bikes :auto-dirtbike: I'm working on in the garage and had to drain the tank. I like to keep the 80 topped up and get fuel when it's down to 3/4 tank and have done for years but now being retired, a full tank could last me 2 months at least, maybe more. On the carrot front I got some yesterday from a major supermarket :happy-cheerleaders: and went for pre-cut carrot batons, sealed in packaging with CO2 for freshness and longevity. I think I'm going to grow my own next year as part of my new "apocalypse preperation" doctrine, along with a few more fuel cans and a wood burner. It looks like the current "crisis" may be easing but I intend to be fully prepared for the next one.:thumbup:

Local Tesco will shut petrol station and only fuel up home delivery service vehicles and local fire police and ambulance service vehicles don't know about local nurses and health care staff but the queue is getting shorter and the fuel is lasting longer between tanker deliverys

Iv not moved for a while now, My next door neighbours water tank burst above one of the bedrooms so iv been plaster boarding and skimming that up for him,.. Apart from a trip to BnQ For plaster board.. Where i found i was the only person there , Apart from staff stood about, Same in Tesco, A two mile queue to get Fuel but know one in the store.... There is a plus side i guess... And as a bonus i found two tins of baby carrots at the back of the cupboard that we panic stock piled at the beginning of Covid...... Result :thumbup: .... Still got half a Tank in the 80.... And the 'missus' managed to brim the Skoda...

Last edited:
Back