Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

This looks a decent truck

It has the non EGR inlet manifold and a strange red box on the bulkhead. Not sure what the box is our why it has the wrong inlet manifold.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Gra, 2nd time its been listed, made £4500 1st time. Its what I like, the 24V auto and that looks quite a tidy truck. Maybe it got knocked back because it wasn't as good as it looks. I might have had a look but the colour and the interior colour aren't for me. Why dont you get someone to view it and assess it for you.

Andy

Rob, more or less all 24V imports have that manifold but not all. The red box is a new one on me, maybe it's an alarm/immobiliser?

Andy

Hi Andy,

Not sure we really want an 80 series.
I feel we would prefer the more subtle and road going smoothness of the 100 series.
I would like to ask you to help find a 100 series, of about "51" or "02" plate later around September.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agree with Andy, i reckon the red " box " is the siren for an aftermarket alarm, cars not that far from me.

Had no idea it is an import.

Isn't another tell-tale that it's an import, the lack of sliding rear windows?

Yes, and the trim on the rear doors that says "limited" on it, speakers in the front doors, the compass/ inclinometer above the windscreen, PWR/2nd auto box controls, lack of wood trim. In my opinion Toyota should have sold 24V auto's alongside manuals in the UK 95 to 98. Its difficult to know where it was imported from, being the spec it is but I dont think it's a Japanese import, possibly from Cyprus in the late 90's. It may have had changes made during its time here, ie spare wheel carrier removed or it might not, I havn't seen many tailgates with only one fog light for instance.
The truck lookes like a good one to me, but one doesn't know till its been inspected.
To put it into perspective this truck is an import with 332K kms on it and its pretty much perfect mechanically.
IMG_0160_zpsa273662f.jpg
All it needed was test driving to know if it was a good one or not.

Andy

Back