Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Tight nuts

warrenpfo

In advance of the pending AHC removal is there a better penatrating fluid then wd40 to use over the coming weeks to loosen off any tight nuts and bolts that will need removing.

In the US they rave about PB blaster but you cant seem to get it here in the UK.

This is gonna sound cheap but tesco do a spray just like wd40 and it works really well

I use GT85 for general lubrication of hinges and squeaky parts etc as it has PTFE suspended in it. For penetration I like to use Plus Gas and did just what your planing, spraying all of my nuts every other day for two weeks prior to doing my own suspension and the same before having my caster and camber done all with great success :thumbup: Anything that I find still a bit stubborn I give a really good blast with the Halfords version of Shock&Unlock freeze spray :thumbup: :thumbup: Stick an old washing up bowl under the bolt that your spraying though as there's alot of fall out or do it on the neighbors drive :D ;)

Here's a link to some chat about the PB Blaster product viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8431

Didn't I hear that brake fluid works just as well?

Gra.

Graham said:
Didn't I hear that brake fluid works just as well?

Gra.

Brakes fluid is good as well, but it is very corrosive so you have to be careful.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
PB blaster is ok but don't get it on your Sunday best because the smell is hard to get rid of.

I use a mix of 50/50 acetone and ATF. Apply it with a small syringe (no needle). Works fast and very well.

I used 3in1 penetrating spray on removal of the AHC system,top stuff. Start using it a few days before you start and spray everything including the splines of your torsion bars and the torsion arm bolts!When you finish spraying, spray it again!!

Back