Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Time to take action to bring fuel prices down, read this

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Please see what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting £129.9 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on. By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso

1.29.9!

How old is that info, 1.33.9 around here at some places.

By the way, this has been tried before.

126.9 here

EDIT: oops, that's petrol :mrgreen: sorry, don't know about the diesel

How nice if we could all pop over to Egypt and buy where Matt did at 18p I recall he mentioned. Oil companies still doing the extraction, refining storing and delivering processes and still making a profit there. It's not the oil companies fellas, it's the boys and girls in Westminster that are pulling the biggest slight of hand and pointing us all at the oil companies saying oil at record high levels.

Robbery and extortion from those that we choose to "lead and take from us" is at all time highs, that's for sure.

adrianr said:
How nice if we could all pop over to Egypt and buy where Matt did at 18p I recall he mentioned. Oil companies still doing the extraction, refining storing and delivering processes and still making a profit there. It's not the oil companies fellas, it's the boys and girls in Westminster that are pulling the biggest slight of hand and pointing us all at the oil companies saying oil at record high levels.

Robbery and extortion from those that we choose to "lead and take from us" is at all time highs, that's for sure.
Totally agree :thumbup:

Guys,

Practically its impossible to go over and get the fuel at 18P

We need to take action here to bring the fuel prices down from whatever they are 1.26 - 1.33 per litre.

If eveyone takes some action only then will this be sucessfull, otherwise the Chaps in Westminster are going to continue to push the squeeze and it's the locals that are gonna suffer, they already are...

So, its not a matter of how old the info is, its a matter of keeping a certain balance and right now the Govt. and fuel Co's feel they have us by our tenders and can continue to squeeze as much as they like, without noting the pain the squeezeee is experiencing..

We need to bring them back to reality.....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
K, I don't disagree with your desire to act. I'd be mad to think that fuel prices at a really good level.

But I have to suggest a modicum of reality here. Targeting the top fuel companies here in the UK just doesn't work. Firstly, it's not as if petrol goes off if they don't sell it. And sell they will. Where does all the Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrison fuel come from? They don't have refineries of their own. it comes from the main producers. These are incredibly wealthy companies and if we boycotted them for a month, it'd be a minor irritation to them. I am not being defeatist here - I think we should protest. Done properly it can achieve results but this and all previous Governments know that we're a law abiding, happy to queue, polite, slightly lazy lot. 20,000 names on petition to Number 10?? There's 60 million in the UK. Just not going to have an effect. Boycotting Esso and BP won't worry the Government and neither will it cause the Oil Cos to reduce their prices at the pump. With supply and demand prices will actually go up due to profiteering.

Now covering the HoP in cowsh!t or running naked through the streets gets real attention. The fuel blockade of a few years ago was so nearly successful. That's the kind of action that's needed only this time don't stop. It really showed just how dependent on fuel we are and boy did it really show the Government. But at the last, they weakened in the face of criticism that it would cost lives. Actually think of the lives it saved due to the reduction in traffic on the roads that month!!! The Government don't care what a lot of people think. But they do worry about what they might be able to do. Their reassurance is that people probably just won't. Imagine a peaceful protest by 20 million motorists. If we all took to the road at a given time and just stopped for an hour where ever we were. That would worry them. Coordination, motivation and execution.

I'd like to know what the Treasury's drop in collected duty was then. No one had any fuel and of course the fuel duty is not something that you can then recover unless everyone decides to go and drive the miles that missed out on (for some bizarre reason) burning up a load of extra fuel.

It was hard but I never actually ran out of diesel during that time. My Cavalier did 38 mpg, we car shared and it helped that I had about 90 liters in cans in the garage at the time left from a 4x4 that I sold.

So far though, there doesn't seem to be much of a murmur from the haulage guys.

So, I am with you - just not with that particular scheme I'm afraid.

Chris

Hiya, yes you are correct, they wont bat an eyelid, unless its properly co-ordinated etc.

Anyway lets see what happens, I bring all 5 of my 4x4's on to the road to cause havoc...

Take care mate.....

Yeah you too buddy. Feel bad about raining on your parade and all that, but you are right that something has to happen. When you work out how much difference it make to someone who drives 8k per year and has a car that does 50 mpg, it's really not much. Oh they may get cross but it's not that crippling. Those who say that they are housebound and all that, sorry but don't really believe that. But hauliers who get about 9 mpg must be getting absolutely flattened. This has to have a knock on effect on food prices etc. Not that I just want to leave it to someone else, but I do think that at some point someone is going to say STOP. IN the 29 years that I have been paying for fuel, it's gone from 11p per liter (50p per gallon) to 1.32 As an average that's 4p increase per year. But I know that the bulk of the rise has come in the last few years. It's not that long ago that it was 65p liter. It's one or two pence per week in more recent times. It's never the same price twice when I drive past our local Esso,

I don't know how much the petrol producers can reduce the price but when I worked in Hong Kong your receipt used to show two prices - the cost of the fuel and the Govt tax. That really used to get peoples' backs up. They were trying to price people off the road and it worked. But then taxis and the MTR were so cheap and flexible that you didn't need a car.

Chris

I think there's an inevitability here! It's like all energy, there is a conscious strategy on the part of energy companies to drive us all to more and more efficient use of electricity, gas and fuel. The cost of running a car or house will always be the same or more, the average user will use less energy / fuel. The supply companies will simply make ever more for supplying less and less. What's more, there's a vested interest amongst political and business leaders to maintain this in support or the rich and powerful continuing to increase power and wealth...

The system is also geared up to more and more output from each individual so that big companies can simply take more and more from us (it's called 'wallet share')!

Sounds like another conspiracy theory, but it doesn't matter how long you look back in time, the above model is true and it would seem naive to believe that it's going to change.

This is my 1st post here, so here goes. Remember the fuel duty (Which BTW goes up again this April). You want to get fuel prices down, don't attack what you can't hurt. Attack what you can! In this case the government of David Cameron and Nick Clegg. That's my two cents worth......

John

The Dark Dude

Back