Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Timing Belt

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
So as not to hijack Shaynes wheel spacer thread any further I thought I would start a new one here.

Would you guys recommend replacing with the whole kit from milners or just the belt???

I got all mine from Roughtrax, all fitted with no issues.

I got the whole kit from milners and it comes with a genuine tensioner i wouldn't change just the belt its not worth the risk.

I've never heard of tensioners failing on these motors... I've changed mine once out of the two changes I've done

Me neither. If you look at the belt going round when the engine is running, you'll be surprised at just how slow it is. I have heard of many belts snapping when not changed at the right interval I would never push that but the tensioner? I'd rather trust a nold genuine on that replace it with a cheap copy part. But would I replace it with a new full cost gen one?
If the Milner one is gen and cheap, it's probably easier than compressing the old one.

You could have changed the belt in the tie it's taken you to start this thread

Cheers Chris I probably could have but there are some things that I get a bit nervy about doing. It would be great if you could walk me through it in a couple of weeks. I'll get the stuff ordered from Milners next week.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back