Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

timing chain

ozzie4x4

gday guys
I have an issue, im replacing the timing chain for my 94 80 series, but the new chain has too much slack, ive put some pics in to show you guys, the only thing I can think of is the cam shaft gear is warn, ideas pelase

[attachment=1:17ea62q6]tn_IMG_0566.JPG[/attachment:17ea62q6]
[attachment=2:17ea62q6]tn_IMG_0565.JPG[/attachment:17ea62q6]
[attachment=0:17ea62q6]tn_IMG_0567.JPG[/attachment:17ea62q6]

Attachments

• tn_IMG_0565.JPG
    tn_IMG_0565.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 422
  • tn_IMG_0566.JPG
    tn_IMG_0566.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 414
  • tn_IMG_0567.JPG
    tn_IMG_0567.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 406
Is it not more likely that the idler / tensioner is worn? Is it at its limit?

Chris

After that, I'm not even going to suggest that it might be the wrong part :whistle:

Chris

hehehehe
yeah even thought of that, compared the new parts to the old ones, unles the old ones are wrong. all I can see is the cam shaft gear is warn, ive tried and checked everything else.

was the old chain and tensioner slack too?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A bit OT but what engine is this?

Can not really judge from the picture, but it could be worth trying to set the crank or cam/s one tooth back & then refit the chain, then move to the timing mark, this may move all the slack to the tensioner side of the chain where it will hopefully all fall back into line...

thanks guys, as it worked out, the tension guide was jamming at the top, whem a closer examination of the guide, I found it to be warped, the old one was still in pretty good nic so I put that back in and everything was good,

took the new one back, and he wanted the whole kit back for a refund, I couldnt be stuffed messing around any more, just wanted my cruiser back ont he road. so I just walked out , never to return.

Come on Diss the Guy. Who was he? We don't want to end up in the same shop! :twisted:

Chris

Glad it's sorted. We weren't much help :roll:

Back