Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Now when I heard that from the garage this morning I thought

"oh heck they're going to argue I shouldn't be a 'class 4'..."

but no...

His 3ton ramp couldn't lift it!

So a little wasted effort/time... back to the usual garage then!

Anyone else had this before?

The ramps knakered then, having said that it would be on the limit & i wouldn't want to be under it.

Ah yes the usual MOT cruiser associated complaints. Every time mine goes on an MOT ramp I get asked how much it weighs as it goes up very slowly :roll:

Sometimes it's just easier just to use a light commercial garage!

My camper has a GVW of 2.9t so any car garage should be able to MOT it if it fits on there ramp!

I just take it to a local van hire place and 2 of there finest spanner monkeys look at for an hour and then struggle to use the PC to write the ticket :roll: how the place makes any money is beyond me.. But at least the MOT is a easy one :thumbup:

Well I was a little miffed as this was all apparently my fault for not checking they could cope with it first! But I swear its just under 3ton (only just, but it is under iirc).

But its got to be better than finding out it failed their ramp and killed or maimed someone - so can't complain really!

Booked into my usual garage tomorrow... :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

PMSL, I had this 2-3 years ago with mine. The place I use for mots did it the first year, once I started Modding it wheor ramp could not lift it. So I took it else where. BTW it is still a class 4 where ever you take it, even if it goes to a test station that does class 7 (they have bigger ramps). Mine is about 3.5T :shock:

Paul

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well took back to my usual garage... only to have it fail on a pin hole in the exhaust!

They to sell me just the 'flexi' part for ~280+VAT.... so a few calls later... and decided to get a full stainless exhaust fitted instead...

Well to cut a long story short I've managed to find another local garage (on the island) who can fit a full custom 3" exhaust for £360+Vat...

Just waiting for job to start before I relax.... (want to see him lift the truck!)

how much does and 80 series weigh then?

they can pass a normal mot?

sorry I dont know much , im new :oops:

Who on the island is doing that then?

The 12v is a few kilo's under three tons & the 24v's are a few kilo's over.

Fett - Yep normal MOT - but most garages use a ramp with a SWL of 3-3.5 ton for their MOT work... which can't always lift that... hence the problems...

TBH I don't think most garages would have a problem (if they service their ramps properly) but I've found two now that have had problems...

Paul - Shanklin Motor Factors

He's new to cruisers, but seems to know his exhausts and performance mods (car park full of sparkly saxo's!)... Spent a while discussing options etc... but he's very very busy at the moment - so he won't get to me until the middle of next week... he's confident he can do it all in a day.

I'll put up some photo's of his work when its all done...

J

so they are 3 tons?

bloody hell I though the range rover classic was heavey at 2.5 tonnes

yep ... IMO Approximately 2.7/2.8...

Will definitely weigh mine again next time I make a trip to the tip.

The GVW is 3 ton and it weighed about 2.5 when it came out of the factory.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Back