Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Torsion bar settings

nathanrobo

Guys,

I'm looking for an idiots guide to setting my torsion bars up. A few years ago, I got Martin to regass my spheres thanks to Mr. Rubie replaced virtually all bushes, joints etc on the drive train.

I'm just about to replace CV joints, front discs, bearings, some drop links and trailing arms. I know that the last time I looked at my suspension, I marked the torsion bars and tried to do them up to the same point, but it seemed a bit unscientific, so I was hoping to do them again, but properly :)

I've looked at various posts, but they kinda lack the detail I'm looking for. As always any help is much appreciated,

Drop me an email to: [email protected] and I will send you quite a detailed write up I downloaded off the web. Not specifically for the 100 series but very informative.

For an AHC vehicle, you need to measure the neutral pressure and adjust the TBs accordingly. You need either techstream or a pressure-gauge with the appropriate adaptor.

For an AHC vehicle, you need to measure the neutral pressure and adjust the TBs accordingly. You need either techstream or a pressure-gauge with the appropriate adaptor.

Given that the tech stream software doesn't seem to have AHC on it, do you know what range of pressure to have on the gauge and where it connects? I have a bunch of 10 bar gauges and lots of hydraulic fittings, hose assemblies etc. Maybe I could make something up and pass it to anyone that needs it?

The front pressure spec is 5.7 +- 0.3 MPa (58 +- 3 kg/cm2, or 825 +- 43 psi)
the rear is 4.4 to 5.5 MPa (48 to 59 kg, or 683 to 839 psi)
when measured on the actuators' bleeding plugs. (Lower to Lo, replace bleeder with gauge, start up and raise to N, read gauge. Bleed after replacing bleeder plugs)

The t0yota LSPV gauge kit fits exactly, btw, and maybe other LSPV gauge kits as well.
And TechStream does the AHC Neutral Pressure beautifully, but then the pressures are different due to being measured at the pump instead, at the time of reaching Normal level from Low.

Last edited:
Back