Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Land Cruiser j120 rear spring perch

Osheds

Country Flag
wales
Hello, I'm in a bit of a pickle. The passenger side rear axle spring holder bracket is rusted through in some places, not ideal but still strong. Wondering has anybody encountered the same as me. Tried sourcing a replacement bracket but toyota and millner only do the complete case. Does anybody know of any other after market company that do the bracket only so you can cut the old one off and weld a replacement on. Thank you.

Osian

Where has it rotted? They seem to go in the middle. in which case you can just cut a flat disk and weld it over the top which you'll need to get through an MOT. I've never seen anyone selling it as a part. Any decent fabricator should be able to knock one up if you want to do the whole thing. My experience is that other bits of the axle case will be falling off long before the grooved section where the spring sits starts to go though.

It's a little bit more than just the top. At first it was only the top I could see that had gone and I was going to weld it up. But after taking the spring off and using the needle gun it revealed that it had gone in other places. I will add photos for you to see. I was just wondering if this was a common thing and somebody had decided to prefabricate the bracket to sell

Attachments

• IMG_20201125_210311.jpg
    IMG_20201125_210311.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20201125_210210.jpg
    IMG_20201125_210210.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 166
That's the spring perch. No it's not a component you can buy but the good news is that it's fairly easy to get to and pretty simple to fabricate and weld into place. So not the end of the world. The shroud on the damper has seemingly gone the same way. You been driving through acid? Probably a good idea to get some measurements before it gets ground off. You want to maintain the same ride height with the new perch.

Could be the light but it looks like your panhard rod might be about to detach itself too.

Fair warning to get the welder out and brace everything while the original is still good enough to act as a template and all is true and straight .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back