Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado TX 1997

TBH I got a transmission shop to do it but it's an easy job, you probably need longer hoses or to lengthen the existing ones but mounting the cooler is fairly simple, it just attached to the AC evaporator.

No modifications to the radiator needed, aside from blocking off the unused transmission connections.

If you are interested I can take some pics. Also if you are considering it do look into the best way for your needs. There's positives and negatives to deleting the radiator connections, and some say your should keep the radiator in the loop to aid in warming the transmission from cold.

please take some pictures

Here's a pic of the transmission cooler. Note the lines are just rubber hoses in conduit. The metal pipe is an AC pipe, and the cooler is attached to the AC evaporator.

20200128_070856~2.jpg

Block the EGR by putting a plate in where it connects to the intake . Right at the back of your engine is a chrome pipe which is not easy to photograph but it can be seen here looking more yellow than chrome .

upload_2017-1-12_22-57-46-png.112391.png

The nuts on it are made of chocolate and there's very little room to get a spanner on them so be warned its very easy to round off the nuts preventing removal . Think i used a brake pipe spanner ?

Almost centre of the pic you can see the nuts have bee removed and the over sized gasket . Use the gasket as a template to make a solid plate which will go back on with the gasket preventing gas from recirculating through the intake .

This throttle body pic gives you some idea of what EGR does to your engine

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRcqHpEa3WFHqEJSzfYX-8urfEJHSkqFzddHsE3xdCZ-Wac2k0W.jpg

not like i had any issues with rust... but my
underbody soaked with 50% diesel 50% used engine oil result is amazing.

dirty work but giving all the best for my lovely truck is a pleasure

IMG-20210825-WA0021.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20210825-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20210825-WA0019.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Man there's a caption competition in there for sure.

Back