Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Toyota Landcruiser 90 95 Collardo Prado 4x4 Old Man Emu Springs

I'm thinking about having a punt at these :think:

In fact following a bit of research on those numbers, I think I shall :icon-biggrin:

Theses may be the answer to my saggy bottom :lol:

Last edited:
Not easy to find info out about OME suspension :think:

I think the rears, 891's would suit my needs, but the fronts OME 882's I've found people saying that they will not fit any other struts apart from the OME ones if they are the newer springs. The OME struts allegedly extend 50mm more than any others?! Apparently the difference between 881's and 882's is only the length as they have the same spring rate. It is alleged that the old 882's were just stretched 881's and suffered from premature sagging, but the newer 882's were made for purpose and have two extra coils compared to the older 1st generation 882's. Hence the newer 882's not fitting any other strut other than an OME one!???

Its a struggle to confirm any of this as there's little information that I can find about the OME suspension without submitting an email enquiry to ARB or TBR or or.......

So a bit on the fence with these now, unless they go for a song and I only fit the rears :think:

I can tell you the 882 are a bugger to compress compared to the 881's :lol:
i started with 882 when i upgraded, but there was too much lift - you definetly need the weight of a full winch bumper up front, or front end will be too high
so i swapped them for 881

no idea of fitment to different struts though

i used 891 for general driving and laning, but when all kitted up for long trip with rooftent and all camping gear i now fit a set of 892 coils +300kg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've been thinking about how to compress springs since i decided to fit a coil spacer . Best i can come up with is to tie a rope (maybe 3) to top and bottom of the spring then use a stick to wind the rope tight hopefully compressing the centre part of the spring enough to get it in . Does anyone think this will work ?

I've been thinking about how to compress springs since i decided to fit a coil spacer . Best i can come up with is to tie a rope (maybe 3) to top and bottom of the spring then use a stick to wind the rope tight hopefully compressing the centre part of the spring enough to get it in . Does anyone think this will work ?

aye Shayne, it might "work" :icon-evil::shock:..... but i wouldnt recommend it :whistle:

Yeah Andy i'm a trawlerman you don't have to warn me about the evils of rope i often count my fingers and wonder if i've got a guardian angel :think:

Cheers Chris i only got the trumpet bumpstop to fit inside the rear springs today and an email to say front spacers are on the way . Can't order a rear spacer until the fronts fitted or else i'll prob end up wishing i'd ordered thicker or thinner ones .

You shouldnt need to compress the rear springs shayne. Remove wheels and undo the anti roll bar droplinks and get the chassis up nice and high on stands. Then jack up one side of the axle and let the other side drop. Spring should just pop out without too much trouble but you might find that the damper stops it dropping fully to get the space in so just whip out the bottom bolt. Last time I swapped mine out it took about half an hour.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I will work it out as i go i found out very young the best way to learn to swim is to jump in the deep end . PS never moan at your granny coz all your mates went to the swimming baths when you can't swim - she took me there and lobbed me in :shock:

I swim like a fish now :icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
I bought myself one of these to do the front springs, it was only £99 :icon-biggrin:

PA180683.jpg

PA200693.jpg

PA200691.jpg

PA200689.jpg

PA200692.jpg

PA200690.jpg

PA200687.jpg

PA200688.jpg

PA200694.jpg

PA200695.jpg

PA200698.jpg

PA200696.jpg

PA200697.jpg

PA200702.jpg

PA200700.jpg

PA200699.jpg

PA200703.jpg

PA200701.jpg

PA200704.jpg

PA210671.jpg

PA210672.jpg

PA210673.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that looks the biz but i hate buying tools that i will only ever probably use once and besides i have nowhere to store anything .

Ending in ten min and up to £135

still not for me though as the rear springs are no better than what I currently have and the fronts are more than I need. If they were they other way round I'd be in there.

Back