Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transmogrification of a 90

Chris said:
Tony, luuurve that last pic. Just the ticket. It's landing hard with grip that's the problem.

Chris

Ecky Thump gets recognition as a photographer :clap: I'll not give up my day job just yet though ;)

Yeah thanks Les, we'll make a David Bailey of you yet!!

beautiful pictures indeed...best 90 i have ever seen...ready for war!

but 2 questions:

1. which is the best material to make the peaces of the body lift (steel, iron, aluminum or rubber) im thinking of a rubber lift i mean for the weight (but of course the one that is on the "direction" i dont really know how to say it will be {really have to be} of steel or iron...

2. when you (Chris) change the back bumper...what happen with the old one...im interested on the back lights. :D ..there are too expensive new...i doont know who is keeping that rear bumper if Chris or Tony...or if you sold it already :?

ones again thanks a lot,,,

Juan, all of this was a long time ago. The bumper was scrap and the lights went to another 90 in Ireland. The spacers for a body lift should be something hard and rust resistant. So aluminium or nylon / plastic is the best.

Chris

Juan Carlos Jaimes said:
beautiful pictures indeed...best 90 i have ever seen...ready for war!

Yeah Chris made it :clap: and I just get to [s:211f3b04]break[/s:211f3b04] :naughty: drive it :whistle:

So a bit of an update..... A few months ago I decided that I would get better use out of LB if I re-instated the rear seats. This of course meant I had to remove the rear draw system, the dog guard, the 3rd battery and charging system and the Viair compressor. So I could live without the 3rd battery as I hardly ever camp, so no need to fridges etc however I needed to find another location for the compressor.

After much thought I decided the easiest would be to locate it somewhere close to the original location (behind the passenger seat) as all the wires and airlines were already there. after much scratching of head, and looking at LB with a blank expression on my face, I noticed a cavity in the panel behind the door and passenger's seatbelt.

So out with the rear seats, and off with the plastic side panel, and after a bit of fitting and sizing up the compressor fits, albeit a bit tight. Took a few pics...

IMAG0140-M.jpg

IMAG0142-M.jpg

All back together:

IMAG0143-M.jpg

Ok, so if I get a wack on the side of LB where the compressor is, then it's sure to be damaged, and maintenance is a pain, and it will prob get a bit worm, but I like it :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Tony, I just want to be there when you fire it up and all that metal work starts to hum.

Yeah, sweet, you'd hardly know it was running. I said you can hardly....

:lol: :lol:
Chris

Sorry did you say something... can't hear a thing you know :lol:

Actually it's not that bad, certainly no worse than before.

Just remember that it gets very hot Tony. It's pulling 38 amps and really heats up when you do several tyres.

Chris

Yes that is really my only concern. If it does become a issue, then I will need to move it. Just wanted something in place for Lincomb.

A water jacket to cool it?? Come on - you can do that, Tony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for a splash in some puddles today, but clean forgot I did not have the front bash plate on, and therefore did not have the bolts on either :oops:

Which meant that the front of the middle bash plate was not bolted on :roll:
P1020704-L.jpg

P1020706-L.jpg

I know, I know, bit off a school boy mistake

Needless to say this is supposed to be dead straight... Amazing how strong a bit of water can be.

Do you think I can get this straight again? I have jumped on it a few times and it is straighter than it was but still a long way off.....

Drive the truck over it? :think:

Oh Tony! What have you done? Well that is a mess. Yep, I am with the lads, Run over it in a controlled sort of a way. Get it close then put it back on, place the jack strategically and with wood above and below to create room, try jacking under it.

Chris

Because its bent in 2 (well really 3 if you count the front tabs, im going to have to be carefull driving over it. I think with the aid of some bits off wood it should be doable...

Cheers Chris, good idea about fitting it back and then using the jack, that will hopefully sort it.

Well after a combination of driving over it and the use of my favourite tool BFH... its straight'ish and back on LB......

Thanks to Chas for the driving over it idea got me half way there..

IMAG0150-L.jpg

IMAG0151-L.jpg

Now just to sort the air box and I'll be all set for Lincomb

TonyP said:
Thanks to Chas for the driving over it idea got me half way there..
Only to glad to be of help, I'm OK with things like this, it's when it gets technical I tend to get lost :think: . My guard is a bit bowed in the middle, when I get the Cruiser back that's something I must do again, it's been straightened that way before. :oops:

So water in the air box saga continues.... after messing with it over the weekend I thought that the either main seal on the lid of the air box or the pipe that joins in on the side could be the cause of the water getting in.

Got our friendly Mr T dealer man to give me a quote for the seals and it turns out you can't buy them separately, and at a cost of £120 for a new lid and pipe I thought bollocks to that.... I have silicon... I can fix anything :dance:

So off with the lid, and after the first attempt of trying to lay a nice bead around the lid turned into a right mess I though I would try again...

So first a template glued on with contact adhesive:

IMAG0152-L.jpg

IMAG0153-L.jpg

Then filled in with silicon:
IMAG0154-L.jpg

And then after waiting 24hrs for it to dry, finished result:
IMAG0160-L.jpg

IMAG0161-L.jpg

So fitted it all back together and guess what, the bloody thing still leaks.... :evil:

So stuck my [strike:3h34u8ym]camera[/strike:3h34u8ym] phone in the air box (cheers Crispin) to record where it comes in:
[youtube:3h34u8ym]ggH2TtHJvEM[/youtube:3h34u8ym]

So not coming in from the lid, but from the foam seal between the side pipe and the air box... Will be applying more silicon tomorrow :roll:

Back