IMGP3062.jpg

IMGP3063.jpg

Some body armour
IMGP3029.jpg

Well you gotta have some lights, eh?
IMGP3721.jpg

Somewhere to put your s***
IMGP3578.jpg

Some more toys for blowing up your air-bed. Difficult if smokin' a fag.
IMGP3457.jpg

SIPS (tree bars to you and me)
IMGP3825.jpg

More batteries mean more readouts!
IMGP3382.jpg

Custom bumpers and a rear receiver
IMGP3856-1.jpg

IMGP4010.jpg

IMGP3979.jpg

Nice noisy exhaust
IMGP3487.jpg

Front locking diff thrown in
IMGP3960.jpg

And a partridge in a pear tree. Don't forget the stickers - they're holding it all together. Relax, we're almost half way through...........

Gav Peter

I am in england
Mar 1, 2010
The Wirral, NW Ingerland
Battered and Blue said:
I can't beleive Lil Blue ever looked like this ;-)

Great thread Chris - I remember reading abouth your 'roll' on the other site back in the day with shock & horror but he's looking mighty nowadays. Those bumpers have turned out great!!!

Nice one.

Cheers

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Thanks fellas. I have to say that it's running sweet at the moment. Rotated the tyres this week and there was a little wobble in one of them which has gone. Just about finished all of the work - still got to look at this roll cage that I have on stand by. But just wish that I could beat out the wing damage and get the sidelight to fit properly. Not bothered about the rear quarter damage. But the light looks poor. It has been a lot of work. There were bits of course that I didn't post - it was getting long enough. Good as it is, I still want an 80. One day I am sure to make an announcement. Shortly before carrying my b***s around in a bag for the rest of my life.
Oh blimey, she must have heard me - everybody HIDE :o

Chr....... CHOP

Jimbo4x4

I am in great_britain
Mar 2, 2010
Wirral, GB
Garage
Best looking - and I'm sure performing (not seen it in action for myself -yet) 90 I've ever seen. You must be proud mate, I certainly would be if it was mine :mrgreen:

Definately - "Built not bought"

Juan Carlos Jaimes

Oct 19, 2010
can you please please post the pics again this lil blue looks great and i just can see like 4 pics the other ones they dont appear to me...what is the exacly size of the tires_? and i have a question i have already suspension kit (3¨ king spring coils, and shoks OME) but i want to do this body lift you all guys do...but im worry about how i will fit my iron bumper again...i guess i have to make some changes__??

looking forward some help and the pictures that i can not see(most of them)

thanks

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
Unfortunately Chris re-organised his pictures, so most of them are somewhere else :doh: I anly have a few of the newer ones of LB :cry:

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
Juan. Sorry about the pictures. They all got deleted some while ago by accident. I don't own the car any more, it's Tony P's. But I shall see if I can get some of the old pics back up just for you. I can send you a guide on the body lift, no problem. I am sure he won't mind be filling in some of the Techno Detail

The tyres are 265 x 75 x 16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. Suspension is Old Man Emu 40mm, rear coil spacers from Rock Crawler http://www.4wd1.com/Prado-95-Series.htm body lift was 40mm. Fuel tank guard lifted 40mm

Chris

Send me PM with an e-mail address and I'll send you the guide. Here is it playing in some mud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ogJefncgUc

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in europe
Feb 24, 2010
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Garage
This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Original.png

Here's what it looked like after a wash, snork and body lift plus some tyres

IMGP2536.jpg

Rear bumper bashed from a bit of tin and some old Landie parts
IMGP3779.jpg

IMGP3834.jpg

IMGP3855-1.jpg

OK so I am proud of that bit.

Some body armour

IMGP3030.jpg

Protection for the rear locker

IMGP2629.jpg

Sliders

IMGP3821.jpg

IMGP3817.jpg

Winch bumper
IMGP4014.jpg

And some rear storage. Plus a whole load of other modifications. Not forgetting of course the devastating front diff locker. Over to Tony!!!!

IMGP3578.jpg

Chris

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
I am in uk
Feb 25, 2010
Goffs Oak
The only modification that I have made to LB since owning it is to add a car computer (there is a thread on here somewhere). Also sadly seeing as I drive it I hardly get any pics, but here are a few that I have of LB in action.....

860409460_Nuzpa-L.jpg

987870932_BotEn-L.jpg

907146728_kVaT8-L.jpg

1081608866_dJKWw-L.jpg

1088132280_9hPh7-L.jpg

1088132511_47gp6-L.jpg

Now before anyone makes any comments about wheelies and drive shafts.... I know, I know... first thing I did when I stopped was to check and make sure nothing was broken :naughty:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks