Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transmogrification of a 90

A bit after the event this, but if you are interested Tony the guys at where I got my Exhaust from (Long Life of Amesbury) make bespoke air cleaner and filter systems. They mainly do them for racing cars but I am talking them into doing something for me that will make the Safari snorkel and Mr T air box completely water tight. If you are interested I will let you know how I get on.

Steve

Cheers Steve, will be interested in that.

:D :clap: love the airbox video
glad phone wasnt sucked into turbo :whistle:

Did cross my mind, but thought it would make a good video either way :whistle:

Well finally managed to get the rear bumper straight'ish and back on. Some slight electrical gremlins with the brake and indicator lights, should be easy to sort.

So from this:

IMG_2758.JPG

To this:
IMAG0232-M.jpg

IMAG0233-M.jpg

IMAG0234-M.jpg

IMAG0235-M.jpg

Lets just say it now has character :whistle: Considering all I had was a 4pound hammer and my 10T press I think I did an OK job of it

Found quite a bit of surface rust, so ground away as much of it as I could and then treated it with rust primer and then spray painted it black. Would have preferred to have re-powder coated it, but grinding all the old powder coat off was just too much hard work!

Just need to sort the leaking exhaust, service and then time for MOT

Jeepers, well done Tony. We'll have you panel beating at Rolls Royce in no time. That's a hell of a recovery. I would have put a saw through it for sure and built a whole new quarter. It certainly took quite a hit though. Gremlins with lights? What's it doing?

I can have a look in the wiring schematics I think they are in the file along with the drawings. :whistle:

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers Chris, the hardest part was finding some sunshine and dry days so that I could paint it......

As for electrics, near side indicator not working and off side brake and light not working. Prob just a dodgy connection, but if all else fails I may need those scematics :lol:

Oh and biggest issue.... I forgot to connect the air line, so I have to take the bleeding thing off again :violin:

Right, NAS lights are a working again, one of the connectors was not pushed in properly :oops:

Chris, I can't remember, but did the brake lights and rear lights on the body work? The indicators do but the rest don't. The bulbs are there but not coming on :confusion-confused:

You've done a real good job there Tony :clap: She's looking fighting fit :thumbup:

Woohoo passed the MOT without any issues or advisories. :clap:

Changed oil, oil filter air filter and fuel filter. Good to go for another year!

Back