Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transponder box location.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
At present I am trying to find the location of the transponder which links to the chipped keys on a 97-98 series. I need to do this as I am wanting to change the ignition barrel from one Cruiser to another. This unit has so far eluded me so if anyone knows its exact location I would appreciate the nod.
Thanks

Andy

Andy you might find it on toyoDIY. If you are not a member send me your VIN number and I'll send you the result.

It's not fitted at the factory
There is probably a loop around the barrel you might have to trace that

I don't think its that type of system Chris, its well different to yours. On Toyodiy it shows key/ amplifier/ transponder but not where it is located.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I didn't say mine has a loop Andy. I was suggesting yours might based on previous experience of the TVSS system fitted to that year of vehicle and that fob .....

Is the transponder not the part on the pump. The amplifier on the barrel Andy?

The TVSS alarm and immobiliser are separate systems with separate ECU's. Fobs are programmed into the alarm ECU. New keys are programmed into the immobiliser/lock ECU. The transponder is in the key and is activated by a signal from the ECU via an antenna of sorts which must be in the vicinity of the ignition barrel somewhere.

Last edited:
Back