Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Transylvania 4x4 Trip 2012 - Anyone interested.....?

Lorin

Would anyone else be interested in doing the Transylvania 4x4 trip next year? The advertised dates are 1-12 August but if we have a group we can arrange with them to go another time.

It is essentially a self guided tour following a roadbook. The organisors provide back-up if it is required and telephone/online support. Seems pretty good value compared to other trips and involves some good off-roading and lots of wild camping :cool:

Here's the link to see previous trips/photos etc http://www.transylvania.4x4zone.co.uk/i ... formation/

Just thought I'd put out the feelers and see what interest there is. Bit early I know but I like to get these things sorted.

I'd be interested, like the idea of exploring Europe.

Couldnt do anytime in school hols though - when you thinking of?

Pete

wobbly said:
when you thinking of?

Not fussed really, though weather is best in July/August. Unless we could put together 6 vehicles or more the only available dates would be the organised ones 1-12 August.

Lorin, I'd be interested. Well, put it this way, I deff want to do a trip next year. I think I shall have the means and the motivation to do one. Whether it's this one or a Morocco or yet another trip to Kent, I am on for something.

Chris

Chris said:
Lorin, I'd be interested. Well, put it this way, I deff want to do a trip next year. I think I shall have the means and the motivation to do one. Whether it's this one or a Morocco or yet another trip to Kent, I am on for something.

Chris

That's pretty much my thinking too. The Transylvania trip looks pretty good but I am always open to other possibilities. Would be nice if it was a group of club members :)

i eould of done it but ive promised my other half a drive round greece!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi lorin

if my big trip to SA doesn't come toghther,i'll def be in.

ram

Had a chat with my co-driver, he's happy with the idea.

June probably best for me.

Had a look at their website, its a bit sparse, not sure what you get for your £400?

Pete

My trip next year might be to this part of the world. doing some prelim research at the moment. came across the link given here in the searching for info!
a trip to Poland-Czech Republic-Slovakia (Tatra mountains) and Romania, and back, via Germany, holland
was keen to travel the transalpina track in Romania, but they finished covering it in tarmac this summer....
plenty of other tracks in that area though.

Lorin said:
It is essentially a self guided tour following a roadbook. The organisors provide back-up if it is required and telephone/online support. Seems pretty good value compared to other trips and involves some good off-roading and lots of wild camping :cool:
Hi Lorin
It is not self guided tour. The organiser is all the time with group.
There is because we are knowing this area and people, etc.
Now you have all information about tour.
http://www.transylvania.4x4zone.co.uk

We will be on British Indoor 4x4 Show. Be invite.

Back