Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Uhh Ohh, parcel lady just been ....

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Finally succumbed and bought an impact wrench. Probably need it less now than I ever have but that's fine. One of those things I really should have bought a very long time ago. Been looking for a while at a bewildering assortment. Not the one I'd have chosen if money had been no object. That one had a billion torques per cubic hectare. Apparently if used carelessly it could actually have stopped the world from turning. The new 'Fuel' range with brushless motor yadda yadda are all very nice but twice the money I paid for this. Damn it's smooth. I torqued a bolt to 150 ft/lbs with the TWrench which nearly twisted the vice off the bench and then hit it with this (with flat battery) and it was like undoing a wing nut with your fingers. I think we're going to be friends.

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 12.45.05.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 12.45.19.jpg

Yep, they're great; a mate has the AEG version (From what I've been told they're the same internals) and it had no problems undoing the crank pulley bolt on the 4Runner... use with care on anything that isn't done up to VFT, as it has a bit of go on it!

Very nice Chris I am very happy with mine.

If I can recommend get the rubber boot that goes over the body as it protects it and keeps it nice and clean. They about £25 and makes getting it in the box a pain but worth it.

579c895f9afbb8ea2735b3dea53f3d4a.jpg

Nice one Warren. I did wonder if you could get those.

It has variable speed on the trigger so you can use it to just run wheel nuts up etc without battering them and shearing them off.

More than happy with mine too. If there's a down side to it (them) it's the fact that you just can't get them into tight places sometimes. Definitely a good buy though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's it! But I think it came with two batteries.....

Great bit of kit for the tool box. Got a 1/2" (dewalt) and 2 different size 3/8" plus a 1/4" driver (all snap on). Get used a lot and just make the job easier and quicker. Worth every penny imo.

Pleased I have been. So pleased I have added to the collection today. My Metabo drill has been good but the batteries are stuffed and not cheap. I was at the Plumb Centre this week and there was a Milwaukee road show going on. They gave me a few demos on stuff and I couldn't refuse. Yes, I'd have liked the FUEL 18v combo drill but phew they're a heap of cash and I'm not doing commercial work. So I went with this...

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 19.23.46.jpg

It's 18v and shares the same batteries as the impact driver. It comes with a 4.0 Ah and a 2 Ah battery. I could have had one with 2 x 4.0 Ah but with the pack being half the size I figured it might be handy to have in a small space. The drill is much smaller than the Metabo. By a long way. I thought the Metabo was good, but using the Milwaukee on the demo I was pretty impressed. I was also impressed with the prices. Batteries and so on are not that costly either so I can get more if I need them. They now do a 5 Ah, 6 Ah and even an 9 Ah. More drilling than I need I think. It's nicely made stuff.

Next thing on the list is their cordless grinder. Fed up of running a cable down the drive to snick one little bolt off something.

Looking good Cris, take care tightening your wheel nuts, wouldn't want to see you flip the Grey Ghost! :lol:

They do seem to get very good reviews and in practical tests on You Toob regulalry come out top.

Oh crap. Here's me trying to have a lean month. Look what I've just ordered. I couldn't help myself. It was a crazy price. And sooo useful.

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 09.05.44.jpg

Trade Counter Direct Chas
Quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else I'd seen
But this is just the tool. As I said above now I have 4 batteries and 2 chargers I only need to the body
It's the FUEL brushless version which gets rave reviews across the range
I'll still use 240v in the main but the convenience of cordless didn't need explaining

Thanks Chris but of course I'd need a battery so maybe when I win the premium bonds. :lol:

Exactly that TP. Yes. I was browsing away like I do and it was like 'hold the phone'... what really? For a FUEL? Errm, ok let me check this in every detail ... Click ordered 30 seconds later. It is a good price for what it is. Yes, I am sure Aldi have cordless grinders for £11.99 pop up every now and then and they're probably really good too, but this is a pukka tool. And I'll get a lifetime of service out of it. Which face it is probably only a couple of years.

Oh by the way, If I snuff it early all of you guys are invited to a garage sale. I might be dead, but I'll still be watching no no screwing the Missus ...oh hang on, that didn't come out quite like I meant ...I'll stop digging at that point.

When you snuff it Chris, there'll be a long queue I think... for the garage sale I mean.... oh bugger now look what you've started... :shifty:

Ive used these onsite and in anger, very good quality. the battery recip saw is the Dogs Danglies too.

Back