Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK death rates.

When we say lots of people are surviving, it looks like in some areas that lots is about 3% of people over the age of 65, who get put on a ventilator..... (Again, this is stat from a report, so we need to make up our own mind if we agree or not ).

I get my info from Wikipedia, who state the origin of figures to be the NHS.

14B1D2EF-5C72-4105-99DD-1E76AD804274.png

Here’s the graph of deaths, but in the narrative accompanying it it states “Death figures are those who have died after testing positive; this includes only hospital deaths in England, but may include a small number of deaths outside hospital in the rest of the UK”.

It does not state that the number of deaths are as a consequence of the virus.

In theory, someone that would have been admitted with serious respiratory problems that would have died the next day in any event, if they test positive for the virus, go into hospital then die the next day (as they would have done even without the virus) their death goes into the number.

To me that demonstrates that the death figure has to be inflated, just no idea by how much.

Dont believe the numbers.
Plenty of info out there to show the bs we are getting told.

Yeah, everyone is trying to massage the numbers.

But I don't believe the numbers are inflated at all, on the other hand the numbers in the UK address being hugely downplayed.

The govt has no idea what they are doing.... luck and coincidence is going to get us out of this.

Tired of reading about America's failed response to the pandemic i thought i'd add this for comparison .

"As of April 24, 2020, there have been 116,279 deaths across Europe due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) "

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tired of reading about America's failed response to the pandemic i thought i'd add this for comparison .

"As of April 24, 2020, there have been 116,279 deaths across Europe due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) "
Theres another thing we agree on, the US government's response.

I like what @MarkW is telling us about how Morocco is dealing with CV-19, as he is our man in Morocco :smile: :thumbup:

The populations of France and the UK are about the same and they have had around the same daily death rates. Other European countries with Germany as a notable exception have similar rates. As a result I think it is either that, as someone else has mentioned, you only go to hospital if you are seriously ill or the testing strategy is different in the UK. I don't think there is anything sinister going on or our mortality rates are any different to other countries.

I suspect Germany having a leader with a bachelors degree in physics, a doctorate in quantum chemistry and having worked as a research chemist may be a factor compared to ours having a degree in Greek poetry and a career in journalism.

Finally, what people seem to be missing is that 'lockdown' is only a delaying measure, its not going to reduce the total number of cases. Even the WHO admit to that much if you read the 'small print'.

Unfortunately, people just need to get on with their lives and accept that, exactly like AIDS, influenza, cancer, car crashes etc, etc, etc the only sure thing in life is that we will all die some day, as will all our loved ones.

It's only a delaying measure if you never had a decent strategy to begin with. This is where the UK fails from the start line it was always "prioritise the economy"
That meant no restrictions on entry. Finally at the end of this month and an astonishing 122 days after the first recorded case, people who arrive in the UK have to self isolate for two weeks. That step was taken by the likes of S Korea and New Zealand and Australia in a matter of days of the first recorded case. This virus will be eliminated in those countries entirely. TEST, TRACK, TRACE, ISOLATE.
What we have is the keystone cops running the show.
Ignore the results of a drill that says you're not prepared,
Ignore the findings of a risk assessment .
Let Spanish fans wander around Liverpool while Spain is actually locking down,
run the Cheltenham festival.
Send vague soundbites out instead of guidance. No wonder everyone is at the beach before and after (Where I am right now the penalty for not wearing a mask is a fine up to 45000 pounds or 3 years imprisonment. Compare that to "BE ALERT, FIGHT THE VIRUS, and whatever the last thing is.
Send people who have tested positive from hospitals to nursing homes causing thousands of deaths.
Downgrade the PPE requirement for medical staff because you have no supplies,
Buy a test that doesn't work, promise to test 100k people a day but fail and send 40k kits out in the post.
Promise a tracking and tracing app, what is the point ?
Send young children back to school cos they are famous for not jamming their fingers into their orifices because "it'll affect their education" knowing full well based on events at home and abroad that this will cause infections.
Community spread is occurring right now. purely down to either incompetence or worse still a sociopathic lack of concern for your citizens.

If this was a company the directors would be in the dock for manslaughter.

Sorry if this has been posted before (as I haven't read through the whole thread)

If you're after figure and stats that are credible and widely accepted as being the most* accurate then I would humbly suggest looking at the government's own ONS (Office for National Statistics) for the UK - these figure differ to the "daily briefing" but do lag behind by a week or so, as it takes longer to collate. The other source is Worldometers, which is used by John Hopkins University and many other reputable institutions.

ONS : Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Office for National Statistics - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Worldometers; Coronavirus Update (Live): 5,326,230 Cases and 340,383 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Finally, for those that are sceptical about the accuracy of the figures (regardless of whether you think they are too high or too low), have a look at the excess deaths for the same period over the last few years and make your own mind up.

Mate lost his Dad to C-19 this last week in the UK - his Dad would be about the same age as my parents and the out-laws.
The county my parents live in in the UK has nearly 2.5x the number of fatalities that Australia has (249 vs 101)

The good news is that Australia has slowed their growth to a value of just under 1. Most new cases are coming in from those Aussies who are returning to Australia from high risk places, but are placed in (mandatory, officially supervised) quarantine for 14 days after arrival.

i do find it amusing some wont believe anything the government or related agencies say, but lap up every conspiracy theory spouted on faceshite and the internet..

Back