Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK vs Imports re seats

wangjjang

Right...so my drivers seat broke and i went ahead and bought a new one. It arrived today and thought id swap it in when i got home from work. Now admittedly it was getting a bit dark and i havent yet upgraded my interior lights to LEDs but it wasnt THAT dark...anyway, the seat looks crooked. It angles towards the door so the rear mounts line up with the mounts on the car but the front mounts are about an inch to the right of those on the car.

Is there a difference in location of seat mounts between the UK 80 and the import 80?

Its amazing how hard im failing at getting the seats in this car sorted :/

Do the rear brackets swivel a bit, ie is there a fixing bolt up under the seat you can loosen to swivel the seat so it's straight, other than that I'm assuming it's the correct seat ? not a passenger side !!!!

Forgot to ask. you say you bought a new seat. do you mean new from mr T ? if so how much

good morning.
thanks joiner, ill get out there this morning and get a proper look in the light.

its a used seat from an ebay breaker. good condition, just doesnt seem to want to fit lol

ok in the light of day, all is fixed...

horribly embarrassing to be honest :o

basically the mechanism to move the seat back was out of sync. It was on the furthest position back on one side and the closest on the other. Which is why it looked twisted and, of course, wouldnt line up...I feel suitably silly now but happy as i can drive the car without thinking my seat is going to collapse at any second..woohooo

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back