Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

*un*splicing plasma

Doodle

Garage
I'll be switching my TDS winch over to the plasma that came as part of the deal, but I'm intending to swap the whacking great hook that's prefitted for a thimble.

I'm ok with doing the splicing, but what about undoing it to remove the hook? Is there such a thing as "unsplicing", or am I better just cutting it off and starting again?

Don't cut it man!!! You'll be really surprised how easy it is to remove the splice :icon-smile: its not so easy to put into words really, but all you need to do is find the point where the rope enters the core and pull it out from there. If you don't own a proper rope splicing fid then a bic brio is a good alternative and a handy tool to get your pull out started :)

I've got some steel bar that will fashion nicely into a threading tool, along with the ubiquitous electrical/duck tape :lol: Will give it a go one evening over the next couple of weeks and see how it works out.

:dance:
Will give it a go one evening over the next couple of weeks and see how it works out.
The first time I did it, quite recently, I was very pleasantly surprised to find out just how easy splicing was.

For whatever reason, I had visions of some dark art that would send me mad trying to figure it out. Then I watched a few how-to videos and turns out it's not that bad after all!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back