Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

URGENT PLEASE Power steering

Yotomotor

Hi
Just jumped into my 80 and found that the steering turns left and back to centre but i cant turn it right? anybody got any idea,s on this has anyone come across this

Not to sound a plonker but i have sorted the problem
thanks anyway

Just for curiosity sake what was it??

Parked against a wall?

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Engine not running?

C

Ok I will embarrass myself,
i was checking the front actuator loom over as I have now eliminated everything else ( massive thank you to Karl ) TOP Man.

anyway I found that the wire to the actuator had broken off right inside the plug, so this could of been the issue me thinks, got on the phone to Karl, and arranged to pop over tomorrow to get the loom part needed. I then decided that I couldn't wait till tomorrow to find out if this defiantly was the culprit, spoke to John ( another Top man), and decided to bypass the broken wire to see if it worked, under the truck i went with my mate turning the switch and I listened for the actuator " couldn't hear anything".

Feeling depressed as it hadn't worked I stripped the offending loom wire out and then had a cup of tea. Half hour later jumped in the truck and set off nearly ending up in the hedge as my steering wouldn't turn to the right at all, I am now suicidal because I got rid of he bloody Landy because these sort of issues. Depressed and dejected called various people to help all offered advice as best they could, then to the iPad and posted " my urgent message".

My good friend Daz turned up and looked at the truck jacked the wheel up and said di******d the locker is in on the front!!!!

I had operated it and it worked I just hadn't heard it
oops !

So good news is the actuator on the front works I just felt a plonker because I was so impatient and didn't wait until tomorrow and then connected the loom, I wouldn't of had the 2 hours if trying to figure out why it weren't working.

good outcome in the end!!!!

Ha Ha, nice one Yogi. Well done for fessing up.

Of course to regret getting rid of a Landy on this forum is punishable by.. Uhm,, Err.. Actually don't think we've though of a punishment for that. Well it's never happened before.:lol:

Chris

In all seriousness I am delighted with the cruiser best decision I have made just look at her

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 200
Oh that IS handsome. Very very nice.

Chris

HER? Blimey you have got it bad mate. You haven't named 'her' as well have you?

I hate to break it to you, but it's a car. Ha ha, OK I know, I know.

C

Back