Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

V6 Exhaust

I needed a new exhaust a few years ago and went with the custom made SS option - it was around £350 for a "cat-back" system.

The link you provided sounds good, though looking at the individual components it seems that it also "cat-back" too - the centre silencer is quoted as £263.51 and the rear silencer as £144.64 - which combines to make £408.14 ?????

If it does inlcude all the other bits too, then I will be interested as my front pipes have seen better days. ;)

no the list says everything front pipes, cat, sile :mrgreen: ncer and tailpipe

they do the front pipes seperate also

I'll give those guys a ring in the morning - I might be interested in the "front" bits. :thumbup:

let me know what they are like to deal with as they may be an option for me too

I contacted them today and unfortunately it's as I suspected - the price is for the centre and rear silencers only. :(

They do not stock the other components such as front pipes, cat etc. Though the combined price for the above 2 silencers has now dropped below - £390 inc VAT.

chadr said:
The link you provided sounds good, though looking at the individual components it seems that it also "cat-back" too - the centre silencer is quoted as £263.51 and the rear silencer as £144.64 - which combines to make £408.14 ?????

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have you tried Cobra near the Hallam FM Arena? I know that Towpack had his 80 system done there and I went for a look. Seemed very joined up. I think a full 80 system was sub £400.

Chris

thanks Chris I will find em out and pop in and see what they say

They're opposite the TNT or FedEx depot. Can't remember which.

Looks a bit backstreet, but they had some luvverly bendy bits.

C

okey dokey, be likey bendy bits. Might go for a twin side exit :mrgreen:

not good he is looking at £500 for the cat back :shock: think I will try elsewhere

Called at Custom Pipes in Doncaster today who are Powerflow agents and he wants 330 quid for the cat back and about 160 for the front pipes, he is reluctant to change the cat though

That's not a bad price IMO for the cat back system - I had mine done around 2006 by the Powerflow agent in St Albans, Herts and it cost me £320 for the cat back system (very similar to the OEM config) back then.

When you say £160 for the "front pipes", which bits are included for that price?

from the first front pipe split down to the cat but he would need to make a sleeve for the cat as the RH pipe is part of the cat itself

Well after having to spend a few quid lately I decided not to go custom and went Milners :mrgreen:

Well the problem is they dont do the Petrol exhaust silencer, i bought a tail section last week as its the same as the oil burner and the intention was to repair the silencer but this didnt quite go to plan, i spent an hour trying an gave up as it was getting pointless :evil:

i decided today to go to Milners and see how far out the oil burner silencer was, pleased to say it looked promising albeit a tad longer. I got it home and cut the inlet pipe off about 10 inches from the flange. Then cut the flange off my old silencer which was luckily still in good order :pray: .

Assembly started and went very well. A bit of a nip and a tuck and i had a silencer that fitted a treat. i even fitted the old bop weight off the old silencer.

Well pleased given that Mr T wanted over £400 just for the silencer and I managed to get the cat back sorted for less than £100 :mrgreen:

How much louder is it than a petrol silencer? I need to do the same to mine but dont want it too noisy.

it is only very slightly, certainly doesn't roar you can just hear the V6 burble along, sounds sweet

Excellent. Bought one today as I'm fed up with the roar from the 3" bore box on there now....

Back