Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Vibration from engine when stopping for a red light

Ibrahim

Country Flag
pakistan
Hi all,

I own a land cruiser 1998 100 series 1hd-fte auto transmission, and i am facing this strange problem , when i am driving and i have to slow down the car for stopping for a red light the engine starts vibrating like its going to turn off just before stopping , the vibration is a severe one , it only happens just before the car comes to a complete stop, and the strange part is that sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesnt , i have no clue on this problem and i have no idea from where to start. I really need some suggestions and help.
I thankyou all in advance.

Regards

Ibrahim

Could be fuel pump issues. Or idle speed set wrong if you have just maybe moved it from low land to high land or vise versa

Could be fuel pump issues. Or idle speed set wrong if you have just maybe moved it from low land to high land or vise versa

Thankyou for the swift reply and advice , i have changed the pump a few months back and the idle speed is also fine . Could it b the primer pump ????

Could you possibly have air getting in the fuel system? Worth just nipping up all fittings.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Could you possibly have air getting in the fuel system? Worth just nipping up all fittings.

Thank you Sir for the suggestion , ill have this checked first thing in the morning . One more problem that i face is that there is no throttle response on a cold startup i.e when the car is parked for two to three hours so i guess as your suggestion explains , i guess u are right , maybe i am getting air in the fuel system. Ill get this checked first thing tommorrow.

Regards

Back