Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wales - Strata Florida - Devils Bridge - Brechfa

Jon Wildsmith said:
I've moved the thread into laning trips because I believe it's members only? I'll let someone else decide if the pictures of vehicles way off the RoW should be removed but it pisses me off that's for sure.

Please Jon don't be upset it’s just the camera angle that not showing it correctly. I have removed the photo from my web server so you can move the post back into the public domain. Sorry.

:cry:

Gotta say I agree with Jon 100%. I think that photo should be removed.

The green lane section was made so we could post pics of our laning trips without fear of them being shown out of context or used against us, not to be a "safe" area to host pics of illegal laning activities.

As a club it has been made crystal clear what the stance is on off piste driving. No need to go there again...

Ryan Thomson said:
Marius don't take offence, the club you were out with that day should know better...

Ryan you know adz from the lanes in Essex and he will not allow any off lane stuff. We even stopped and cleaned some rubbish tipped on Strata by bad people. Adz marked every of lane evidence on the gps for investigation. He is a good leader.

Marius De Kock said:
J66P said:
cracking photos but ermm.. the water fall .... that Maverick looks well over to the left hand side well off the proper route, always advised to keep well on the track especially on such a delicate lane

I think the angle of the photo is just fooling your eyes.

I dont think so, the ROW is no where near that side and especially not encountering running on grass, the Maverick was right over by the river, in short where all the people fancy a challenge, neadless to say Off Piste !!!

I assure you have have drove that lane many time and I aint no fool so please dont tar me with that brush

I like it. At least people are looking and reading my post. No problem. Photo is now very removed. Let’s all be friends.

I don't want to make any enemies on this wonderful site. Sorry :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
I've moved the thread into laning trips because I believe it's members only? I'll let someone else decide if the pictures of vehicles way off the RoW should be removed but it pisses me off that's for sure.

Jon.

I feel so bad now that I would like you to delete the thread completely. I'll delete all the photo off my web server. Thanks for your help.

Hey Marius, Adz is a decent guy but that pic is pretty clear and to be honest he should know better...

I can't imagine Gps is accurate enough to be able to prove he wasn't off the RoW when the boundaries are as fine as they are.

Now you know to say summing next time your out laning with them if anyone starts going off piste, I know I will.

No need to delete the rest Marius. No one is attacking you! Your photo's are great and everyone loves a good photo. Just take it as a something new you have learnt. I learnt exactly the same way...

No need to be all or nothing.

Group hug anyone?

absolute group hug, theres no offense meant in my original post I was just pointing something out that isnt right, just delete the said photo and let people enjoy the rest of your photo's, people will be envious if nothing else :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Carons' pics are stunning Marius :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ... no need to remove all of them for just one iffy pic

Sorry if I seem a bit harsh Maruis but I do get a bit fed up with the number of people who go off the track. The pictures are very nice it would be a shame to remove them all but the 4th one was also not the RoW as well as the one up by the water fall which was very clearly well off to the side where it used to be a nice grassy bank till people started driving up it :( . No ones perfect but if your group leader thinks those are the RoW then I'm afraid he needs to brush up a bit because they're not.

Jon Wildsmith said:
Sorry if I seem a bit harsh Maruis but I do get a bit fed up with the number of people who go off the track. The pictures are very nice it would be a shame to remove them all but the 4th one was also not the RoW as well as the one up by the water fall which was very clearly well off to the side where it used to be a nice grassy bank till people started driving up it :( . No ones perfect but if your group leader thinks those are the RoW then I'm afraid he needs to brush up a bit because they're not.

Please Jon let's protect our lanes. Please delete the thread. This is the only way forward. I'm sorry.

Marius I think it would be a shame to delete the thread for 2 reasons - one is they are nice pictures and second is that we've done the cross words bit so you might as well give us the pleasure of seeing your other photos and we'll soon shout up if there's anything else we don't like ;) At least now you know the route through Strata is not quite the one you took and maybe if you pass the message along it will save it happening again :)

If you really really want it deleted then ask one of the other mods as I feel it should be someone else who does that.

Marius,

By deleting this thread you are not helping protect our lanes. The great thing about being able to have open discussions about this and having it documented in a thread is that other people will read this in the future and possibly learn from it too.

Educating people is the best way to protect the lanes.

absolute agreeance with the above, the offending pic as gone and the others are superb. Live and learn, others will read and take on board I am sure

Sorry to sound contraversial but isn't the problem here a supposedly experienced leader allowing off piste driving on a run out... I mean, if we can't rely on control in a situation like that, what hope is there for the rest of us...

Gav the leader is just that, he cant control them behnd him, afterall evryone that does this hobby is grown up and have a mind of their own. The leader me very well go the right way but theres nothing to say the guys behing will follow, there is an issue in the said area as there as been so much off piste action unless you do know you wouldnt know ;)

Aye, it is a confusing route through some of the water sections but I would say that with all those posts Treadlightly (or whoever) put up last year, its harder to get it wrong than right... :roll: I've been through Strata 3 or 4 times now & its quite harrowing (literally) what some folk are doing to it :cry:

If thats the way 4x4 clubs work Gary then the future is going to come down very quickly on us & we'll be looking a bit sad in our tricked up toys with no-where to drive bar the local shops... :(

You have much more experience than I do in these things - personally, when I have been lucky enough to be invited out on a tour by any of the dudes on here, the least I feel I can do is follow their example & stick to the ROW & when a cat like you sent me a bunch of lanes in his backyard to follow & lead a merry bunch with, the same rules apply...

I'm sorry, if the leader can't lead & 'control' the folk he's leading, he shouldn't be doing it... I was lucky on that trip through Derbyshire in that the guys didn't need moderating whatsoever - but I did have a bazooka ready just in case!!! :lol:

Such a delicate balance though - hey ho

Any more pics Marius?? :cool:

Back