Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Want to do something about increased premiums? Complain here

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I was in touch with the office of fair trading today about the various investigations they are carrying out into the motor insurance industry and they told me that they are still taking submissions so anybody who has had an increased premium should drop the OFT a line and tell them their story. This is a real chance to act so I'd recommend everybody contact the OFT - they have some power at least to help change things.

the email address is Motorinsurance at oft.gsi.gov.uk

They have opened a specific investigation into third party vehicle repairs and credit hire replacement vehicles to claimants and this is the link

However the guy I was in touch with still said he was interested to hear about increased premiums.

Re: Want to do something about increased premiums? Complain

Nice one Simon.

Come on folks, lets all send in an email. Better than doing nothing.

Well done Simon and thanks for the headz up but add your name to "The List" as well, just in case..... :thumbup:

John

I haven't renewed yet John but as usual you have to fear the worst. i thought the address would help others. :thumbup:

:? I didn't realise how quickly i would become aother case study. Been with Carole Nash for three years - certainly wouldn't recommend them. Renewal came in and it has risen from abour 540 to 996 :evil: . Spoke to them - nothing has changed - and they said essentially "the underwriter doesn't want to insure you any more because of your mods."

I replied "you mean the mods i had for the last year's you have insured me?" They said as an "act of goodwill" they will insure me at double the cost because i've been with them for three years.

Time to find another insurer who will do separate address..... :evil: :thumbdown:

Will be contacting the parliamentary committee.

Underwriter is chaucer insurance

SimonD said:
"act of goodwill" they will insure me at double the cost because i've been with them for three years.

Wonder what it would have been if it were not an act of good will.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just had renewal for trade policy Slightly cheaper again than last year with the same people

Back