Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Warrens new 100 build

Looking good Warren. I was thinking you were never going to find a new truck. Nice one.

Looking good Warren. I was thinking you were never going to find a new truck. Nice one.

I picked them up from a member on the forum BUT you can get them direct from Toyota the part number is 85382-60050

They make for much better screen coverage and are a simple mod.

Well done ! it leaves the field a bit clearer for me now!!!!!

Your comments about the box and years had me flummoxed for a bit - but the pics explain it. I associate later 2003 cars with the dogleg 5 spd box, earlier ones with the straight throw box with overdrive switch. There was a period in 2003 when both boxes were fitted (presumably dealer stock and time in stock played a part here) - but what you have done is sold a 53 plate with the overdrive switch box and found an 03 with the dogleg 5sp box.

I just need to find one myself now! Good luck.....and keep us posted with build progress.
So is it safe to say that if the gear stick is of the dog leg type, ie, not strait front to rear, then it WILL be the later gearbox?

What was that issue with the pinions in the diff, some thing about a 2 pinion, and a 4 pinion yoke?

Gra.

.So is it safe to say that if the gear stick is of the dog leg type, ie, not strait front to rear, then it WILL be the later gearbox?
yes

What was that issue with the pinions in the diff, some thing about a 2 pinion, and a 4 pinion yoke?
Early models had the weaker 2 pinion diff, think it was pre 2000, best fix is an ARB air locker :whistle:

Thanks Jon, so perhaps best to avoid the pre 2000 for 2 counts at least?

I know Warren has hunted high and low for the one he just bought, but us there really that much difference between the two gearboxes?

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sounds like the 750 feels a bit more lively with the extra cog so maybe it depends how you like to drive? For an 'expedition' or bush vehicle all the extra electronics like the MFD (multi-function display) would put me off but I think you're used to the extra electronics in a 120?

Hi Warren looks great can you tell me the suppler for the fishtail lights led and the 3 jet washer nozzel. Thanks

Sounds like the 750 feels a bit more lively with the extra cog so maybe it depends how you like to drive? For an 'expedition' or bush vehicle all the extra electronics like the MFD (multi-function display) would put me off but I think you're used to the extra electronics in a 120?
It's more lively mainly because of the way the engine is controlled, together with the changes in the IP and the change of the program controlling the IP. There's a faster ECU for the engine and gearbox together, vs two separate slower ones for the 4-sp, something that makes the power pack respond much better. The 5-sp is also muuuch smoother. But, as you say, there is nothing wrong with the 4-sp, except for the converter issue for the first 2-3 years.

Hi Warren looks great can you tell me the suppler for the fishtail lights led and the 3 jet washer nozzel. Thanks

Washer jets you can get from toyota and the led lights come off ebay just search for led reverse light.

there is nothing wrong with the 4-sp, except for the converter issue for the first 2-3 years.
Hi Warren,

Can you say what year the fiber washer ceased to become an issue with the 4 speed automatic's ?
Or what vin numbered vehicle had the revised washer fitted?

Thanks,

Gra.

Graham

It’s not an easy one to give exact dates on but up to 2000 you have the 2 pinion diff to be concerned/weary of and post that you have the torque converter up until 03. Its hit and miss as to if it will fail but its something to consider when purchasing.

Thanks warren,

It has crossed my mind to sell my 2005 120 series, and but some thing like a 2000 to 2003 , 100 series.

I just can't bear to part with such a reliable Land Cruiser.

Gra.

There was a post either on here or the other place that gave build dates for the bad washers, pretty sure they were good after June 2000 or somewhere around then but have a search on torque converter and I'm sure it'll be there.

Thank you Jon,

I will try the search, with different words

Gra.

I'll do a full report when done but the AHC is out, OME is in. Old torsion bars out tonight, new ones will go in maybe tomorrow or Wednesday once I have put the strengthen brackets in.

I'll do a full report when done but the AHC is out, OME is in. Old torsion bars out tonight, new ones will go in maybe tomorrow or Wednesday once I have put the strengthen brackets in.

Warren,

Where did you source your Sandgrabber mats from?

Thanks,

They came from OZ. there is a chap on ebay that sells them every now otherwise you can order them over the net.

Hope that helps

Warren, Calling you a jammy bastard would be wrong because brother did you work for it. And brother do you (and I trust, your good wife) desreve it. John

Back