Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weekend in Derbyshire

Gary820

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Spent the weekend in Derbyshire, not the preferred way but for a friends wedding.
The wife was maid of honour and our daughter was flower girl :icon-biggrin:

They told us the wedding cars were a big surprise and they were right!!
Sat bored while the women got sorted I heard them pull up outside

20130914_105642.jpg

didn't expect to see those :icon-biggrin:

It was good as they arrived at church too and blasted the air horns to announce the brides arrival
20130914_131512.jpg

We went over in the 80 as it seemed rude to take the focus :lol:
It was the first decent run out since I lifted it etc and it performed perfectly. Got a nice family picture with the sun setting behind us

20130914_185027.jpg

Three sweet machines and a very proud flower girl I imagine :clap:

Nice truck Gary.

Lovely pic of you, wife, daughter and truck, one for the album I think! :icon-cool:

Should have swung by for a Cuppa. I was on the drive. As usual.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers for the comments. We got the photographer to take a pic and we'll get one framed (quite a common theme in our house) gave her my phone to take a couple too :)
Our little girl did us so proud and loved the trucks, wife can stop stressing now too she's performed her duties lol.

I would've done Chris but we were all knackered! 6am start yesterday and non stop from there!!
I did meet Karl's sister though as dropped me some parts off at the reception venue :icon-biggrin:

Re tanked the 80 and worked out my average mpg for the weekend, motorway and a bit of running about came in @ 16.7 mpg. Not too bad really imo. My old 3.1d trooper did 17 at best lol. The 80 is much nicer to drive too. Run it on 98 octane too.

So about 38p to the mile. It's really not bad for spirit burner. An oiler auto doing 19 mpg comes in around 32p per mile. Still quite a difference. But take into account longer service intervals and getting a petrol cheaper than a diesel in the first place and that's not bad going. If you can resit the temptation to floor it of course. I have only driven one petrol and I didn't want to hand the keys back. As I have said before I wouldn't bother fitting gas; they pay back just isn't there anymore. If it comes with gas fine, but seeing as they only seem to do about 10 mpg you'd be running at 35p per mile. And a kit costs ........ You do the math as they say (annoyingly) If you don't do many miles then it's not even worth bothering over.

It's the first proper run out on 35's too so quite happy with it. Never expected good mpg and specifically looked for one without gas tbh! It rolled onto 74k over the weekend so not even near being run in lol. I doubt I'd of got a diesel of same age, miles and condition for the money.

It's hard to resist flooring it but amusing when you do and pull away with ease :)

I drive fairly steady and motorways are 60 to 65 mph which is about 2250 rpm and it cruises nicely, can hear the hum of mts and that's about it which the wife loves compared to the stripped out, bucket seated ways of old :)

Last edited:
Nice! Neat and unique wedding vehicles and your truck looks great!

Back