Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well specced HDJ100

Doodle

Garage
Landcruiser 100, extensive mods

The time has come for my 100 to find pastures new. Fresh pics to follow soon.

Toyota Landcruiser Amazon VX Auto 4.2TD. 1999/V, silver with grey leather. 120k, MoT until August 2015.

Spec list:
OME torsion bars & 863 rear springs
Fox remote reservoir shocks with external rebound adjusters
Slee diff drop
Just Differentials long travel upper arms
Extended ARB links, new polybushes fitted last year.
ARB front locking diff
ARB compressor
Front ARB Sahara bumper, with fog lights. I have updated the corrosion-prone original sidelights with ARB’s new LED units, these are quite rare and hard to get hold of outside of Australia.
Rear TJM bumper, with facility for dual carriers.
Witter towbar, hidden socket behind bumper for clearance.
12mm steel recovery points
Safari snorkel
Goodwinch TDS-9.5i, fitted with air freespool, plasma rope and winch thimble.
ASFIR chassis plates
Hella Luminator 100w spot lights.
Extra spare wheel

Alpine Bluetooth CD player with iPod connection
TTi TCB-1100 CB radio

Usual Amazon VX spec – electric windows, mirrors, heated electric memory seats etc. A UK vehicle, so has factory diff locks centre and rear, with the addition of an ARB front locker. The locker switch has been changed to an 80-series front/rear example to control both axles. Additionally the pin7 modification has been performed to allow independent control over transfer box and centre diff. The gearbox was rebuilt by the previous owner with a new torque converter to eliminate the known issues with the fibre washer, and new friction plates.

The AHC has been removed, replaced by OME springs/torsion bars, and Fox long travel shocks with remote reservoirs and adjustable damping. The long travel front arms and diff drop this maximises the available droop from the front suspension to maintain front wheel contact, in combination with the drivetrain improvements it makes for an exceptionally capable machine in difficult terrain.

The centre console houses the switching for the lights and winch, using Carling switches with dedicated connectors and custom looms running via conduit to the auxiliary fuse/relay box under the bonnet. The Hella spots have a master switch and are then activated in combination with main beam, the roof light circuit is 2-stage flood/spot with a 20amp Superseal connector mounted under the bonnet.
The winch has a master switch under the bonnet, with the wired controller connection next to it. There are further switches in the cabin to control the air freespool and winch in/out, these are only active when the winch circuit is armed.

The vehicle comes with an extra spare wheel, I had all 6 fitted with new Grabber ATs early in my ownership. These have xmm tread (13mm new). Additionally there are a spare set of OME shocks, and a comprehensive box of spares.

Full baseline check and service by Julian Voelcker of Overland Cruisers in Nov 2013. During this the front diff received new seals and oil, the front calipers were rebuilt and brake fluid changed. Subsequently I have fitted new genuine Toyota discs and Hawk LTS pads for improved stopping, servicing the front hubs and fitting new seals at the same time.

Oil and filter have just been changed, power heater pulley bearing and poly belt renewed. I have also just had the alternator reconditioned, which has a 12mth warranty. Cambelt, tensioner and pulley changed July ’14 @ 115k, plus valve clearances, fresh transmission fluids and new pair of auxiliary drive belts.

This is a proven and carefully developed vehicle that will take you anywhere you want to go, in civilised comfort.

£10750

Last edited:
Ta Andy. It's been a fantastic bit of kit and I'm sure the next owner will get as much pleasure from it as I have.

Will be posting pics this weekend, when I'm at home during daylight hours!

Has been for some time, I use the Ovlov for today's garden clearance and tip runs to empty the spare room. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Discovered I'd made a typo on the mileage, it's 120k, not 130k. Now corrected.

Deposit taken, new owner collects early next week.

Paid and collected.

There's a couple of bits and pieces left, which I'll list shortly.

Back