Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What about this one?

Milage seems suspiciously low for a 20yr old truck. :think:

Is that the one that was on auto trader for a while? Mileage could be accurate as it's an import.
To be honest I think the price isn't too excessive for all the work that's been done.

depends what you're after, if it fits your criteria and the condition matches the low mileage then maybe with some negotiation the price would seem right. The age is pretty much irrelevant on 80's now, they're all old, except to inform of some specs that changed. That one probably doesn't have axle lockers but as mentioned elsewhere they can be added, at a cost.

Hi Jon this is what i want:
- vehicle for overlanding
- diesel - manual or auto
- lockers is not my first priority but would love to have so maybe arbs if not uk vehicle
- 80 preferred but 100 tempting
- budget is about 12k but that is vehicle plus all accessories
- i will do a lot of the work myself (obviously with help from you guys)

now help me decide :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
for something that's basically a toy to go overlanding in and throw away when you're bored with it you're probably better off with a rougher and cheaper one but if you were looking for a long term keeper that one is worth a look IMO but condition needs to match the mileage to be worth that sort of money.

Point taken Jon - 100 series is still tempting. By the way did you say the TJM bumper on your 100 came from OEC - cannot see anything on their site

I did, it did, I think I just phoned them up or spoke to them at a show, it wasn't an online purchase.

It is a VX - upmarket spec, low miles for age, very "asian" colour scheme (I'd have to hide if driving that one). I'd check how often it was serviced (oil every 5000 Kilometres for Australian conditions, I don't know about UK) and the auto's can be expensive to fix. Au $12000 (as it converts) would be a fair price here (Townsville Queensland - a big Toyota place).

Back