Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

what is this on the silencer?

Ken Brenton

Country Flag
england
exhaust.JPG
What is the function of the bracket attached to the rear of the silencer? Currently the metal core is rattling around loosely and so I have wedged it.

Hello, from USA. while I believe what you have there is a "Gasoline" model 100. The part number is not available separately here in the states. It is attached by bolts to the rear muffler as shown in the photo I posted. It is a "resonator weight" to muzzle any vibrations or noise from the exhaust system. I know because my 100 series here had the same problem, so I replace it completely with a new unit.

note" that the weight is does not come with the new muffler from what i understand

hope that helps.

option #10
part# 17403-50151

option #9
part#17405-50030

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Xe9z_AEkvMa9INgUS-g-BQ-duX9AZVeOt3vCBsvciAl9DhphMg.jpg
dbdd2c80fcca5d7b6fa55bc6ab99de6c.png

Hello, from USA. while I believe what you have there is a "Gasoline" model 100. The part number is not available separately here in the states. It is attached by bolts to the rear muffler as shown in the photo I posted. It is a "resonator weight" to muzzle any vibrations or noise from the exhaust system. I know because my 100 series here had the same problem, so I replace it completely with a new unit.

note" that the weight is does not come with the new muffler from what i understand

hope that helps.

option #10
part# 17403-50151

option #9
part#17405-50030

View attachment 108209
View attachment 108210

Omar thanks for the response and yes it is the petrol V8 4.7L. Is the centre weight supposed to be loosely floating around in the frame, as this is causing an exhaust rattle on mine?

Omar thanks for the response and yes it is the petrol V8 4.7L. Is the centre weight supposed to be loosely floating around in the frame, as this is causing an exhaust rattle on mine?

No, the weight is there to counter any noise or rattle from the exhaust system. Its purpose is to not move (stationary), therefore if it is floating around as you say, then it is time to (remove) fix it.

Omar.

Back