what is.........

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
This?
20181031_171954.png
20181031_171853.png

found next to the l/s Aux battery. Un-conneted wire and one inside the box. nothing coming out of the top either.
Should it be connected?
Was searching for the old split charge relay which I think is on the other side.
Answers on a post card to...me please :)

The box is just a covered bolt connection from the fusible links that then connect to the battery the other end. As for the unconnected wire, not sure where that should be or why it was removed. More info needed, such as where it goes the other end and what mods have been done (24v to 12v start perhaps)?

Just a shot in the dark but i'm thinking the 24 valve preheater relay under the drivers battery is known to corrode and become a fire hazard , leading many to remove it , might this just be something used to isolate the remaining wire ?

The box is just a covered bolt connection from the fusible links that then connect to the battery the other end. As for the unconnected wire, not sure where that should be or why it was removed. More info needed, such as where it goes the other end and what mods have been done (24v to 12v start perhaps)?
Tis indeed a 12v starter conversion. I will have to investigate where tother end ends up!

Just a shot in the dark but i'm thinking the 24 valve preheater relay under the drivers battery is known to corrode and become a fire hazard , leading many to remove it , might this just be something used to isolate the remaining wire ?
Perhaps. I will have to try and find where it goes to!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's what I said. There's a stud on the side of the casting in the air intake manifold. The relay was under the battery box

Don't think it's any part of the starter system alteration

[/VV]The disconnected lead on mine is the old feed to the intake heater relay which I replaced and repositioned so needed a new longer cable.

67B7F1D7-E457-4668-BA12-8D8CAFC0BA31.jpeg

Several layers of heat shrink I would have thought. One after another, not all at once. I think it gets a bit thin where stretched over a sharp edge.

Depends on the heat shrink but yes, some can be a bit thin. The thing is, this is the supply end so it’s not live. Best thing is to remove it but that may be easier said than done of course. I’d probably tape it well to it’s neighbour and call it done if I was unable to remove it.

Back