Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel Alignment

MOZ

Country Flag
wales
Hi Guys - I need to get the wheels aligned on my LC Colorado, just called into National Tyre to have some tyres placed on my works van and I mentioned having my LC wheels checked for wheel alignment. The guy said bring it in and I'll take a look at it as he is not sure if it 'adjusts' or it is a 'bar'. Does anyone know as I can only look at it when I get home later tonight. He said if it is like a normal adjustment, no problem, but they do not do the 'bar' type (lost me)

The steering Toe in and out can be adjusted easy enough on the steering links. One spanner to turn in or out, the second to lock it in place. The only other thing they can adjust is the camber. This can be a pain as most the time the camber bolts are seized.

It's normal rack and pinion steering so it shouldn't confuse him too much. If they don't do what he calls 'bar' type, which I assume he means with a steering box that connects to a pitman arm which links to a bar that then connects to the hubs as in Land Rovers, I'd try somewhere else as he may not know what he's doing. I wouldn't use any National tyre type centre for this type of job as they generally don't have overly intelligent/qualified people working for them.

Thanks Guys, will take your advice.

Back