Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel arch group buy

dellboykev

Country Flag
england
Would anyone be interested in a set of plastic wheel arches they are 85 dollars a set but express delivery to UK ,would cost about 480 dollars plus International remittance charges of about 33 dollars ,
As a result the final total is 598 dollars or £450 so a little expensive son the shipping side of things but if I ordered a few the cost would come down considerably I can't post a picture on my phone but these are them https://m.alibaba.com/product/1686162067/4x4-Accessories-Wheel-Arch-Hot-Sale.html

Can you not get these direct from China Kev? It seems crazy that the US are importing them inside their $80 odd, then you have to pay ££££££'s on top to get them to the UK... :shifty:

That is from China Clive they like to trade in dollars for some reason even with the price for shipping my if a couple of people wanted them they would still work out a lot cheaper than any you can buy here off eBay

That is from China Clive they like to trade in dollars for some reason even with the price for shipping my if a couple of people wanted them they would still work out a lot cheaper than any you can buy here off eBay

Sorry, my bad. I ended up getting 2 different sets of less desirable arches before I flogged them off and bought Mr T genuine.

The quality was much better, but pricey, of course.

I don't know how good those from China will be, it's a bit pot-luck I'm afraid.

I know the genuine ones I have on now have broken clips and are looking a little worse for wear i was going to get 2 sets of the Chinese ones for myself literally incase the first ones broke

Minimum order 20 so if that carriage was spread across the 20 it would work out far better.

Lund has some fitted similar to these. I can't remember where they came from but they looked pretty good on Sassy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have got the arches down to £85 delivered to England but they will take a month to get here let me know if anyone is interested for £85 you can't really go wrong they are on eBay for £300

I'm tempted Kev.

I just have one question which is going to be tricky to answer until they are in the hands and that's what sort of thickness and quality are they? Ok, that was two questions. :)

I'm tempted Kev.

I just have one question which is going to be tricky to answer until they are in the hands and that's what sort of thickness and quality are they? Ok, that was two questions. :)

.....and both tricky Rich... ;)

I'm tempted Kev.

Another question, or maybe two, how far do they project over the tyres and how do they attach to the wing and is the inside of the wing accessible if nuts and bolts are used, OK, OK THREE questions.

I've thought of another, plus an answer to yours Chas.

Q, can they be sealed to stop stuff piling up inside them like the OEM ones? Tricky again.

A, I would say Chas, Mark and drill through the external holes and insert M6 or larger Stainless button head bolts into nutserts (avdels, Hank bushes, whatever) inserted in holes drilled where marked in the wing.

I've thought of another, plus an answer to yours Chas.

Q, can they be sealed to stop stuff piling up inside them like the OEM ones? Tricky again.

A, I would say Chas, Mark and drill through the external holes and insert M6 or larger Stainless button head bolts into nutserts (avdels, Hank bushes, whatever) inserted in holes drilled where marked in the wing.
Of course, I didn't think of riv nuts. Fill underside with expanding foam? trouble is filling will attract moisture creep.

At £85, they're pretty much worth a gamble.

They don't look too bad but another thing to seriously consider is if their not OEM they may not fit right. I know because I bought some corner parking & turn signal lights & was shocked at the quality plus they didn't fit :weary:

Last edited:
Hey Chas, if they're thin and bendy enough, they might even fit the 'certain patina' of your wings...

:whistle:

They are screwed on either with self tappers or rivnuts but I think they could me with rivnuts and stainless screws and a rubber seal for the top edge I can't comment on the quality I was only going to buy a couple of sets but the postage was redonculus he Says they are the same material as a snorkel so it should be quite strong they are the same size as standard

link dosnt specify how wide the flares are, and the photo is generic... not to piss on anyones parade, but you never know what you get on alibaba unless you get them to send photos of the actual product. get the right ones and they are the bomb, go wrong and they will take up space in the bin.. been there, done that..
image.jpg

I can see where most of the bits go but where do those smaller pieces fit?

Wheel-Arch.jpg

Back