Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wheel stud length ?

roy

Country Flag
scotland
hi all,

is someone able to tell me the length of the long and short wheel studs found on a Colorado ?

I have the same issue as has been highlighted before of shorter front suds and longer rear studs.

I have spacers I wish to fit and can see how much longer they will need to be in order to fit them, fronts and rears.

but I require the actual lengths of the front short studs and the long rear studs ?
in order to work out the new stud lengths to get.

any assistance is appreciated.

cheers roy

Just measure your rear studs and order the same for the front .

hi,
I do not know how much length is hidden behind the discs and hubs.

I can not accurately measure the studs with out removing them and that is not possible at the moment.

also I require longer studs all round , only a few mm longer on the rear bit they do need to be longer .

Of course sorry nobody would want to take it apart and then wait for replacements :doh:they are not expensive i think i would phone Roughtrax or Milners to order 1 for the front and 1 for the back which would allow you to make it clear they are different lengths , its a few quid down the drain but it does buy confidence before you order 24 extended ones .

yes that's a good idea, that would give me a definitive answer.

I did not think about individual studs rather than full sets.

cheers roy

I thought I heard on here that spacers are not good on the Colorado or have I read wrong,was really wanting to do this on mine to pull the wheels out a bit as would look a lot better.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Some like them and some don't regardless of what vehicle . The trouble with the Collie is many have gone to fit them (myself included) only to find the front studs aren't long enough . Others have equal length studs all 4 corners and nobody has yet worked out why some are different than others .

Think il be pricing them up and having a look at the studs then when I get some free time.was looking at getting different wheels to get the look but might not have to now.thanks Shayne (again) you must of give me loads of advice on here along with quiet a few others.

I'm just the messenger Shaun i have no history or experience outside of the forum my trucks my first car remember .

so got some wheel studs through,
the picture shows the length difference rear to front

20150626_111638.jpg

the gold one is from milners and is listed as front or rear

the grey one is from roughtrax and is listed as front, could not see a rear

the splined area on the two are different lengths which surprises me,
is this how the factory studs are ?

for sizing

front here is 40mm

20150626_111812.jpg

for rear / other cars front studs
is 44mm