Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wheels, tyres and suspension

Thats a good idea re tow bar, but I think my trailer would struggle with ground clearance at the back when on the road :( Just about to cut the grass in the village, so here is a pic with trailer & mower on & about to come off - someone snuck in the back of the truck though ;)

20140411_121749.jpg

and just for Steven, a couple more shots without too much sun! (I cant help it if the sun is (almost) always shining can i?) ;)

20140411_121820.jpg

20140411_121736.jpg

Plenty of clearance at the rear, even with 1250kg on the back :)

Still chuffed.

Cheers for that Steve :)

That second photos the one for me :) It shows those tyres off to there best :) :) Very tempted by those as I've always loved the Coopers I had on my past trucks. Where did you take those lift measurements from? Could you take some from the under side of the molding to the top of the wheel rims for me :) Those -25 off-set rims where an interesting move! They're like having a 40mm wheel spacer from the OE off-set, I think that the 80 series rims that I have on Swampy are zero off-set ET00. The different measurement that your getting from one side to the other may be that one of the springs is slightly longer! In the Ironman kit one of the front springs is slightly longer than the other by 10mm, but I can't remember what side that it is supposed to go in! I've no idea if the Pedders kit has the same thing though?!

No worries, top of rim to moulding is 34cm. Tyre make a little 'rumble' @ 50kmh / 30 mph, nothing I cant live with :)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Cheers :icon-cool:

Mmmmm................now then Cooper ST Maxx's or stick with the BFG KM2's :think:

27570r18cooperstmax_zpscefb5b13.jpg bfg20km2203.jpg

My new nuts came this morning (oooerr misses), so just fitted them and the center hubs, just to finish it all off - one problem though, my bottle jack isnt tall enough any more, so with a lump of stone and a lump of wood, just got it high enough to remove 1 wheel at a time.......some clearance now! Photo was before wheel came off the ground..........

20140412_132135.jpg

finished wheels with new nuts ;)

20140412_141509.jpg

20140412_141516.jpg

Just a note - front wheel studs are 10mm by looks of things shorter than the rear ones.

strange but true!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just a note - front wheel studs are 10mm by looks of things shorter than the rear ones.

strange but true!

Yes, you're not the first and wont be the last person to find that! :icon-wink:

I don't think we ever found out why some had this and not others.... :think:

Just an update really - since the prang last year and the fitting of the new winch bumper, my new Pedders suspension dropped at the front to around 740mm, (bottom of rim to underside of arch) and I am getting a few rubbing issues, not to bad, but annoying. Sooooo, just ordered the Pedders heavy Duty Spring option for £152, delivered to Froggy land. This should push things back up to about 790mm, so 2 " in effect. When I get the winch I will have to live with any drop, but as they are Heavy Duty, they should handle it OK.
:) Once they arrive its of to the new garage man I found (A Green Oval enthusiast :wtf: :eusa-naughty: but he seems to know what he is on about!) I have a list of jobs as long as my arm that should really be done before the season kicks off, and I have yet to find a French garage that are willing to help and who dont charge 40€/hr for saying one thing and doing/charging another!

After the last garages fiasco, good luck with your new Froggy mechanic.

Ah ha! heres the rub ...he is English! So, maybe, just maybe he wont ignore everything I say ;)

What do you think of the pedders kit? Does it flake like ironman.

Im looking at a lift on the hilux and pedders are good value, but most reviews are of OME.

its been on a year and although not heavy off road stuff (apart from the prang!) still looks as good as new - when they come off I will take a photo

Thanks.

Its a big price difference between the two, but tbh ride quality is more important than cost. Im looking at a 35/40mm lift but with a light duty setup, I have no bullbar planned an donly a truckman top and tools in the back.

Pete

Ride quality is good - I can only compare with the original 14yr old ones though - and the lift was a bit more than that - they do quote ride hight rather than lift. I have nothing but praise for customer service and so far quality.

Amazing! New front springs just delivered! Great service Pedders, thanks again ;)

Another round of photos to look forward to then Steve...:thumbup:

Hi Steve, just wanted to ask how your steelies are getting on? Any rust or issues? I am considering getting them for my 90. Also is there any chance you could take a pic of how the tyres are sitting compared to the arches? I have aftermarket flares and trying to decide if your -25mm offset rims are enough compared to the -32mm one I got from GOJO's. Cheers dude ;)

P.S. where did you get the hub covers from?

Here you go... I guess they poke out about an inch. I have heavier springs on the front too. The caps came with the wheels.
I am sorry the car is so clean....it was valeted a week or so ago and hasnt been used since!
20171115_125004.png
20171115_125047.png
20171115_125018.png

Reactions: CAT
Thanks for that Steve, and a mighty fine, clean cruiser it is too ;)

Back