Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where can I get a 3 core Radiator?

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
I'm looking for a 3 core radiator for my Landcruiser 80 4.2 Auto. My truck has a single core Milners radiator fitted currently but it seems to be running a wee bit hotter than it should and can easily creep up under load. I have not run it soi hot that it goes over 100 degrees but it has come close a few times.
Someone on here mentioned AutoKool of chesterfield and I have just given them a ring and was told they can only supply the single core type like the milners one. Any suggestions of who I could try without going to the main stealers?

Nah, I got mine from Autokool - it was me. Deff three cores. I think maybe they didn't understand the question.
Milner one was a bag of s***
Chris

To be honest the chap I spoke to was a bit of a muppet. I have taken a chance and ordered one from them anyway.

Shame they use sh*ttylink as a courier as just cost me a fortune coz they class Aberdeen as Highlands and Islands!! Bloody highlands are 100 miles away from us the robbing gits :evil:

another consideration is getting a recore done locally. you'll be able to specify then exactly what you want. i looked at doing this for my land rover, but as radiators are so cheap for them, it was more expensive. with a landcruiser it might end up a bit cheaper.

I tried that. Couldn't find anyone to do the job. Easier to get a new one. I still have the old one sitting here. But it'll be off to the tip when I get a mo. Very good rad from Autokool I have to say. No plastic.

Shame it cost you so much in P&P. Scotland you say? Where is that, roughly? :roll:

Chris

Chris said:
I tried that. Couldn't find anyone to do the job. Easier to get a new one. I still have the old one sitting here. But it'll be off to the tip when I get a mo. Very good rad from Autokool I have to say. No plastic.
Shame it cost you so much in P&P. Scotland you say? Where is that, roughly? :roll: Chris
Roughly? that'll be Glasgow then. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Lol you sound like a typical yank (I can say thay coz my missus is one :roll: ) "hey there you from th oo Kay? do ya know ma mate steve from london?"...."er oh yeah steve...yeah we go waaay back!" :lol:

I did look into getting a re-core but the milners radiators have plastic tops and bottoms and my local company won't touch them and can only supply me single core ones.

Sorry - you thought I was kidding? Which county is Scotland in. I thought it was Warwickshire.

Yes, I do know your mate Steve in London. We all do. Nice lad actually.

Glasgow? That's not REAL Scotland is it. I mean they have roads and everything there. They're even putting in gas and 'lectric next year!

Only kidding. For a country the size of ours, it's pretty shocking that you get fleeced for postage to the North. Not like you are on a bloomin' island or something.

You'll have seen the post on the great Milner radiator fiasco then. I think that it was a triple core, though. As a rad it was lovely. Just that it didn't fit, was poorly made and looked like it would have lasted 5 mins. But other than that.....

You should be fine with this one. Last you forever. I wondered about fitting a manual version and then going with a separate trans cooler. Use the rad to cool the engine. That's what it's for after all. Why put heat IN from the auto box. But so far, it's running well with the temp gauge running just a needle's width under half.

Chris

Ecoman said:
.... I have taken a chance and ordered one from them anyway.
Was it this one you ordered? I need to replace my single core one before going back to Morocco too.

My plan is to also fit a couple of Spal fans in front of the rad linked up to one of those inline temp sensors that fits in the bottom hose :thumbup:

I know they're not pretty but the Kenlow bonnet scoop & fan arrangement shifts a lot of hot air which you need at low to no speed with fans pumping hot ambient air through a hot rad into a hot engine bay with no easy exit ...

Ive got an autokool one sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted, looks good & VERY prompt delivery

Bought it after reading Chris's posts, lets hope it fits!!!!!!!!!

Jon Wildsmith said:
I know they're not pretty but the Kenlow bonnet scoop & fan arrangement shifts a lot of hot air which you need at low to no speed with fans pumping hot ambient air through a hot rad into a hot engine bay with no easy exit ...
Any more info or photos of this setup Jon?

Shifting the hot air out of the engine bay is going to be high on my mods list following last years disaster :doh:

Bat21 said:
Ecoman said:
.... I have taken a chance and ordered one from them anyway.
Was it this one you ordered? I need to replace my single core one before going back to Morocco too.

My plan is to also fit a couple of Spal fans in front of the rad linked up to one of those inline temp sensors that fits in the bottom hose :thumbup:
Yeah thats the one I ordered.

I just realised they humped me £20 for posting :twisted: Wish I'd have known I could have called in on my way down to the midlands and picked the thing up a lot cheaper....bloody tight wad I am :roll:

I was thinking about ordering the manual one too as mine already has an aftermarket trans oil cooler fitter but I thought it would be an ideal towing set up as I'm thinking about getting a small caravan or trailer tent.

Bat21 said:
Jon Wildsmith said:
Any more info or photos of this setup Jon?

Shifting the hot air out of the engine bay is going to be high on my mods list following last years disaster :doh:
I'm interested in this set up too. Sounds pretty good :thumbup:

Kenlowe sell a plastic bonnet scoop and a 10" HD fan to fit under it so you cut a 10" diameter hole in the bonnet to mount the fan into and then put the scoop over the top. Feels like one of those hot air hand driers on turbo or something when it's running. I had one on my 80 and I have one for my 100 but have only got as far as mounting the scoop and X-Fan switch in the rad bottom hose, still need to fit the fan and get it wired up. Scoop is supplied in white.

From my old 80, it's offset so it wouldn't interfere with the structural part of the bonnet.

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 91
Jon Wildsmith said:
Kenlowe sell a plastic bonnet scoop and a 10" HD fan to fit under it so you cut a 10" diameter hole in the bonnet to mount the fan into and then put the scoop over the top......
I've just done a Google search for 'kenlowe bonnet scoop' and guess what came up as the top result.... this thread :doh: :D

So you know what I'm going ask now :oops: where do you get these from Jon, Kenlowe's site is naff to try and navigate :doh:

Ha ha ha!!! Not the first time that has happened!!! Watching with interest...

Bat21 said:
So you know what I'm going ask now :oops: where do you get these from Jon, Kenlowe's site is naff to try and navigate :doh:
They've never shown them on their web site, don't know why. When I ordered the one for my 100 they looked up my previous order to make sure they sent me exactly the same again as I had for my 80. I just phoned them on the contact number given on the site (01628 823303) to get you a part no. - KLM2191.12V which is a 12v 10" extractor fan and power bulge :) He quoted me £94.64 + VAT inc delivery but said it should be £112 so I don't know which price you'd be quoted.

Do you think just fitting a couple of vents in the bonnet would have an affect on cooling Jon?

Back